Tuesday 16 May 2017

CASC&S - Colours .....

.... Morning! I'm continuing my stay as Guest Designer at CAS Colours & Sketches and this week we have some lovely colours - CASC&S#223 to play with - Rich Razzleberry, Sahara Sand and Sweet Sugarplum. I decided to make a sweet cup birthday card:

Birthday Wishes - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Stamps: Gina K - Sweet Thing
Inks: Versamark; Versafine - Onyx Black; Memento - Tuxedo Black
Accessories: White Lustre Card; Stampin' Up! DP - Rich Razzleberry, Sahara Sand; SU Card - Sweet Sugarplum; Copics; Spectrum Noir Sparkle - Clear; Glossy Accents



I used the sketch from this week's CAS(E) this Sketch - CTS#211 for the layout and the theme comes from Global Design Project - GDP#087. I recently got some new stamps from Gina K designed by my favourite designer - Claire Brennan and decided to give them a some love. I think the colours for this week's challenge are just perfect for a nice cherry cupcake (and calorie free at that!). I adhered the design paper to the card and on the small piece of pink card stamped the birthday greeting. I stamped the cupcake holder on design paper, heat embossed it and then carefully cut it out. I adhered it to the cake and then added the frosting on top. I used Copic markers to colour the image and added some sparkle to the cherry with clear Spectrum Noir brush. I also added some shine with Glossy Accents. Before attaching the finished cupcake, I stamped some stars for the background. I finished off by adding the little flag banner. On the inside I cut a piece of sand design paper for the mat layer and on the white panel added another greeting and cupcake.

Birthday Wishes inside - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's GemsBirthday Wishes sq - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

This card will be in the post shortly!! Don't forget to visit the CAS Colours & Sketches blog to see more inspiration from the Design Team.

signature

9 comments:

Fiona Whitten said...

Loving the pop of colour for the cherry on the top of the cupcake. So glad you joined us this month as guest designer. x

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

OH! Sweet colours for a "Sweet" card, so pretty and yummy.
Faith
x

Global Design Project Design Team said...

A very sweet and beautiful colours used for your project, Deborah. Thankyou for joining in with this weeks GDP Theme Challenge.

Leigh Penner said...

Super sweet take on the sketch!

samantha's cards said...

Great card, thanks for being our guest stamper, hugs Samantha

karen h said...

Adorable card! Great use of the colors!

Patricia Hays said...

Yum, a cupcake! Darn, now I'm hungry. LOL What a fun and cheery card!

Beverley said...

Your cupcake is coloured perfectly and looks good enough to eat! Love the little sentiment flag on it too, perfect touch. Beautiful use of the challenge colours. Hugs Bev x

Emily E said...

I love the idea of a cupcake it works perfectly with the challenge colours and the little flag with the sentiment is so sweet!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...