Wednesday 1 July 2020

SHC - Retro Christmas ....

.... Morning! Can you believe that it's July already, no, me neither!!! Sorry I've been missing for a while, so busy at home. However, it's time for my new post at Seven Hills Craft blog - I've made a couple of retro style Christmas cards. Here's the first:


Stamps: Hero Arts - Mod Pattern Bold Print Background, Stylized Christmas Trees, Retro Christmas Messages
Inks: Delicata - Golden Glitz; Gina K - Jelly Bean Green, Jet Black Amalgam
Dies: Spellbinders - Petit Ovals Small (S4-140) #5; Hero Arts - Stylized Christmas Trees, Retro Christmas Messages
Accessories: White Card; Red Glitter Paper

I'm submitting this card to Merry Little Christmas Challenge - MLCC#24 where it's Any Christmas Goes.


I really like this background image - I think the repeating star gives quite a festive look, especially in shimmery gold ink. I die cut a large red glitter oval and adhered it to the centre of the card. Using the same gold ink I stamped a funky, neon sign style message, and die cut it with the matching die. I was going to leave the card there, but decided to add a retro Christmas tree too. On the inside, I cut a mat layer of glitter paper and on the white panel simply added a Christmas greeting and another of the funky Christmas trees.


For my next card I had in mind a lovely winter scene at a mountain resort with fir trees, snow, decorated trees and neon signs - this is it - sort of:


Stamps: Hero Arts - Mod Pattern Bold Print Background, Stylized Christmas Trees, Retro Christmas Messages; Waltzingmouse Stamps - Alpine Christmas (discontinued)
Inks: Gina K - Stormy Sky, Fresh Asparagus, Jet Black Amalgam
Dies: Spellbinders - Petit Ovals Large (S4-138) #6; Hero Arts - Stylized Christmas Trees, Retro Christmas Messages
Accessories: White Card; Red Glitter Paper; Clear and Iridescent Embossing Powders

As you can tell from the picture, this turned out a bit wonky!! The papers slipped when they went through the Big Shot, but never mind, it's part of the charm of a handmade card 😀. I stamped the mountain scene directly on the card. On white card I stamped the 'bauble' tree and two Christmas messages. I cut them out the the matching dies. I adhered the decorated tree directly to the card, then added the oval frame and finished with the two 'neon' Christmas messages. On the inside, I cut a mat layer of red glitter paper and on the white panel added a simple greeting and another tree.


That's all from me today - see you soon.

signature photo Signature.png

1 comment:

Darlene said...

BEAUTIFUL holiday creations Deborah! Thanks so much for playing in our challenge at Merry Little Christmas!
Darlene
MERRY LITTLE CHRISTMAS
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please stop by for a visit.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...