Wednesday 8 July 2020

SHC - Rainbow Washi ....

... Hello! I can't quite believe how fast this month is going! I hope everyone is safe and well. We've been having very mixed weather here in North Wales, in fact the weekend weather was awful with lots of wind and rain. So I made good use of my time and played in my craft room. I've made six cards for my Seven Hills Craft Blog post - all feature Altenew's lovely Geo Rainbow washi Tape. Here are the first two cards:


Stamps: Altenew - Fresh Freesia
Inks: Gina K - Jet Black Amalgam; Stazon - Jet Black
Dies: Altenew - Fresh Freesia
Accessories: White Card; Altenew - Geo Rainbow Washi Tape

These are super easy to make. I covered some lightweight white card with a long strip of the Geo Rainbow washi tape. I cut a piece for the front of a 6¼" x 4½", I cut off the white borders and then die cut the freesia slightly to one side. I adhered the panel to the card and drew a thin black border with a marker pen. I put the card in the MISTI and stamped the outline freesia flower in the negative die space. I finished the front with a simple message. I put the die cut freesia shape into the MISTI and stamped the outline image onto it using Stazon black ink - I had to repeatedly stamp the image to get a crisp black outline. I stamped a birthday greeting and then adhered the diecut flower with dimensional pads. I have left the inside blank. I'm submitting these cards to Just Us Girls - JUGS#543 where the cue word is RAINBOW.

With the remaining piece of washi covered card I die cut several "hello" words. I also cut some out in black card.


Stamps: Concord & 9th - Lovely Lattice Turnabout Stamp
Inks: Versamark
Dies: Concord & 9th - Say Hello Dies
Accessories: White Card; Altenew - Geo Rainbow Washi Tape; Black Card; Clear Embossing Powder

I cut a panel of black card onto which I stamped the lattice turnabout in Versamark and heat embossed with clear powder to give a subtle background pattern. I adhered the large solid hello die cut to the centre of the black panel and then added the thin black hello die cut. I like this clean, simple and bold card. I'm submitting this card to Never-Before-Used-Schtuff - NBUS#16, as it's the first time I've used the lattice stamp and the hello dies.



Stamps: Concord & 9th - Say Hello
Inks: Gina K - Jet Black Amalagam; Kaleidacolor - Spectrum
Dies: Concord & 9th - Say Hello Dies
Accessories: White Card; Altenew - Geo Rainbow Washi Tape; Black Card

These are ultra clean and simple. I love the way the solid black hello makes the thin outline and inner hello diecuts really shine. I simply added a couple of sentiments to make a nice message - this card is on the way to our son, Ben. I had one more thin washi covered hello die cut left, so I simply adhered it to a card and added the word 'sunshine' in bright colours. Once again, the inside is blank for my message.



Stamps: Concord & 9th - Say Hello
Inks: Gina K - Jet Black Amalagam
Dies: Concord & 9th - Say Hello Dies
Accessories: White Card; Black Card

After making all the cards above, I had the thin black outline die cut hello left, so I adhered it to the front of a card and used the large stripey hello stamp inside the outline and added another word to complete the message.


That's all from me today. I had lots of fun making these cards. See you soon.

signature photo Signature.png

3 comments:

Nancy said...

If these are not the most fun clean and simple rainbow cards. I love the flower and the simplicity of the script hellos. I love what you have accomplished with that great washi tape. Thanks for being with us at Just Us Girls.

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

WOW! Deborah, a fabulous set of cards with clever thinking to get a wonderful result.
Take care
Faith x

Darnell said...

I love this post, Deborah! I was right there with you in your craft room as you made this, which led to that, oh and then if I take this and add that, then that leaves this and before you know it, you sit back and you've made six incredible cards!! It's addicting, fun, and very satisfying! I hope you are keeping well and that your weather has improved. Thank you so much for sharing with everyone at NBUS! Hugs, Darnell

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...