Friday 3 July 2020

Floral Birthday ....

.... Hi! It's a really gloomy, dull, wet and cool day here in North Wales. I was going to make a card yesterday, but instead I spent the day out in the garden potting up some plants for mum - don't tell her, but I think I'm actually beginning to enjoy this gardening lark!!! Who knew??

Anyway, as I didn't make a card yesterday, I thought I'd share a birthday card that I made last month for a friend. Her husband called and asked me to make something special for her - the only requirements were flowers and pastel. Here's the card:


Stamps: Altenew - Garden Hydrangea; Winnie & Walter - The Big, The Bold and The Happy
Inks: Gina K - Innocent Pink, Powder Blue, Lemon Drop, Key Lime, Wild Dandelion, Wild Lilac, Wild Wisteria, Dusky Rose, Red Velvet, Jelly Bean Green, Grass Green, Fresh Asparagus, Soft Stone, Jet Black Amalgam; Memento - Summer Sky, Danube Blue, Angel Pink, Lulu Lavender, Lady Bug, Pear Tart, Bamboo Leaves; Stampin' Up! - Pink Pirouette
Dies: Altenew - Garden Hydrangea; Die-namics - A2 Stitched Rectangles Set 2 #5 and # 6
Accessories: White Card; SU Card & DP - Smoky Slate; Joggles Stencil - Branches

This is a large card measuring 8" x 8". I'm sure that I'm not the only person who buys stamps and dies and then doesn't actually use them!! I've had this stamp set a while and it was such fun getting it out and creating such pretty hydrangeas. I used my MISTI to speed up the process of stamping this multi-layer flower. I stamped each flower in this order, outline, solid layer, detail and finer detail and then used the matching die to cut them out. I did the same process for the leaves. I stenciled a soft grey ink through a branch stencil for a soft, subtle background. I stamped the birthday greeting and then added the flowers and leaves. On the inside of the card, I cut a mat layer of soft grey card and on the white panel I stamped another hydrangea flower in soft yellow, and added a greeting which I typed on the computer, die cut and layered on some design paper.


I'm submitting this card to Never-Before-Used-Schtuff - NBUS#16 - a challenge run by the wonderful Darnell. I love this phrase that Darnell coined - she has other fabulous sayings too! As I said, I've had this lovely hydrangea stamp for a while, and it was fun to use. I've other similar sets, so I will probably be back to play along again soon.  


That's all from me for now - time to get some lunch. See you soon.

signature photo Signature.png

3 comments:

Dawn Phillips said...

This is lovely. I thought I was the only person to have discovered gardening during lockdown. Can't say I am a fan but I am doing it. Love Dawn x

Darnell said...

Hydrangeas are my second-favorite flower, so I am swooning over this awesome 8 x 8 card, Deborah! I love the way you have colored them in rainbow pastels. What a stunning bouquet and a lovely inside, too. I'm sure your friend and her husband were both delighted! Keep well and thank you for your kind words and for sharing with everyone at NBUS! Enjoy the gardening! Hugs, Darnell

Zoechaos said...

I have had a few problems commenting recently but hopefully it is getting better. This card is delightful with fantastic stamping and masking love it. x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...