Thursday 18 June 2020

C4Glz - Happy Birthday ....

... Hello, good morning! It's time for our new challenge at Cardz 4 Galz - C4Glz#124 and we want to see your feminine cards with a STEAMPUNK theme. If you're not sure what steampunk is, then hopefully this definition will be of assistance:

a genre of science fiction that has a historical setting and typically features steam-powered machinery rather than advanced technology.
"if you like steampunk, this is a great book for you"
  • a style of design and fashion that combines historical elements with anachronistic technological features inspired by science fiction.
    "the essence of steampunk is homage to vintage fashion with a modern, sassy twist"

I've made a birthday card:


Stamps: Kanban - Jasper, Viviene; Dawn Bibby - Flower Patch; MFT - Sassy Pants Birthday Greetings 2
Inks: Versafine - Onyx Black; Gina K - Jet Black Amalgam, Dusty Pink
Dies: Cheery Lynn - Gears (B340)
Accessories: White Card; Kanban DP - Mechania; Clear Embossing Powder; Rose, Copper, Nickel and Pink Satin Finish Mirri Card; Copic Markers

I had lots of fun making this card and it's quite different to my usual style. I started by stamping the steampunk outfit on white card. I coloured the image with Copic markers, put it back in the MISTI and restamped with Versafine ink and heat embossed with clear powder. I then carefully cut it out leaving a slight border all round. I did the same for the dress stand. I die cut lots of different gears using some of my satin mirri card scraps. I have a very old pad of Kanban design papers that work perfectly for the steampunk theme. I cut a panel of the rivet paper for the bottom mat layer and some lovely ruby brocade effect paper for the next layer. I adhered the gears around the edge of the card and used dimensional pads to attach the dress. I finished the front with a simple greeting stamped on the rivet paper, and added a few gears here too. On the inside, I used more of the rivet paper for a mat layer and on the white panel I added a snarky, but fun, birthday greeting and added some pink gears along with a crown.


That's all from me, do visit our blog to see more inspiration from the rest of the team. I look forward to seeing your steampunk creations! Bye for now.

signature photo Signature.png



1 comment:

Crafting Queen said...

Wonderful card, love your combination of colours.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...