Wednesday 17 June 2020

SHC - Shine Like a Diamond ....

... Good morning! I hope everyone is well and coping with all the changes in lockdown regulations. Here in Wales, we still have to stay at home - but that might change next week! So I've been making good use of all my at-home time. I got a new stamp set from Altenew - Shine Like a Diamond - it's fabulous and I've stamped so many different backgrounds with it. Here's my first card:



Stamps: Altenew - Shine Like a Diamond
Inks: Versamark; Versafine - Onyx Black
Accessories: White Card; SU Card - Basic Black; Tim Holtz Water colour Card; Zig Clean Colour Brushes; Clear and White Embossing Powder; Vellum; Gems

I'm submitting this card to Happy Little Stampers Watercolour Challenge - HLSWC#06 where it's anything goes with the option of layers, done!


I stamped the large geometric background on white watercolour card using Versamark and heat embossed with white powder. I then covered the image with plain water and added a rainbow of colours to create the gradient background. Once dry, I cut the panel to size. On a strip of vellum I stamped the greeting in black Versafine ink and heat embossed with a clear powder. I wrapped the vellum strip around the rainbow panel and adhered the whole lot to a black mat panel, and attached it to a card. I finished the front by adding some gems. On the inside, I cut a mat layer of black card and on the white panel I stamped a greeting which completed the sentiment. I also added a strip of the watercolour card.



My next card is being submitted to Inkspirational - INK#215 where they have a photo for inspiration. I took the colours yellow and grey for my card.




Stamps: Altenew - Shine Like a Diamond; Concord & 9th - Shine On
Inks: Versamark; Gina K - Jet Black Amalgam, Wild Dandelion, Lemon Drop
Dies: C&9 - Shine On
Accessories: White Card; SU Card - Grey Granite, Basic Grey, Crushed Curry; Silver Embossing Powder; Vellum; Nuvo - Clear Aquashimmer Brush; Copic Markers; Sakura Stardust Pen; Glossy Accents

I used my MISTI for this card. I stamped the background image in pale grey ink, took it out and coloured with Copic markers and a Sakura Stardust glitter pen. I repositioned the image, stamped with Versamark and heat embossed with silver powder. I cut the panel to fit a side opening 5½" x 4¼ grey card. I made the 'shine' embellishment by adhering two of the diecut shine words, covered with shimmer and glossy accents and layered them onto the vellum shadow. I attached it to the front of the card and finished with a simple sentiment on a white strip. On the inside, I cut another white panel onto which I stamped a greeting and some diamond shapes.



My last two cards have a Christmas theme:


Stamps: Altenew - Shine Like a Diamond, Majestic Mistletoe; Concord & 9th - Joyful Noel
Inks: Kaleidacolor - Fruitcake; Gina K - Jet Black Amalgam, Sandy Beach
Dies: C&9 - Joyful Noel
Accessories: White Card; SU Card - Basic Black

I'm submitting the Noel card to Happy Little Stampers Christmas Challenge - HLSXMAS#06 where it's Anything Goes, and the Joy card to Happy Little Stampers Anything Goes with Dies - HLSAGD#06.


I stamped the geometric background using Kaleidacolor's Fruitcake pad - I think this works perfectly for festive cards. I used Concord & 9th's Joyful Noel dies to cut out the wreath and letters, and used them to make both cards. The background of the Noel card was made using the text image from Joyful Noel, while the leaves on the Joy card came from Majestic Mistletoe. I kept the inside of each card reasonably simple:


Thanks so much for sticking around to the end of the post. That's all from me today. Take care and I'll see you soon.

signature photo Signature.png

4 comments:

Lindsey said...

What a beautiful watercoloured background for the first card, so pretty! And then the same background - totally different but equally beautiful - for your second card! And then, just to top everything off, a pair of Christmas cards! So well done. Thanks for playing along with Happy Little Stampers and Inkspirational!

Helen said...

What a wonderful set of cards, Deborah! It's amazing how many different ways you can use a background stamp! Very clever using it for die cutting the letters! Clever designing and use of colour! Thanks so much for joining us at HLS Dies Challenge this month! :)

Sue - said...

Great selection of cards! Thanks for joining us at Happy Little Stampers Christmas Challenge.

Dawn Phillips said...

Wow, how different do they all look. I love the yellow one, which is odd as it is my least favourite colour. Love Dawn x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...