Wednesday 10 June 2020

SHC - Happy Birthday ...

... Morning! I've not been about much lately, busy doing a Welsh course (which is melting my brain) and several online classes with Dyan Reaveley. I'm here this morning with my card for Seven Hills Craft blog. I've made a masculine birthday card - it's clean, simple and graphic:


Stamps: Altenew - Trigonometry, Halftone Stars
Inks: Gina K - Blue Raspberry, Lucky Clover, Jet Black Amalgam
Accessories: White Card; Black Marker Pens

I'm submitting this card to Less is More - LIM#421 where the cue word is Borders, and to Dare 2B Artzy - D2BA#06 where they want to see Masculine cards.


This is reasonably easy to make, but it really helps if you have a stamp positioner. I used my MISTI. I have a clear grid overlay which I placed over my card base, positioned the stacked triangle image approximately in the centre and stamped to make sure that I had the image on the edge of my card. I removed the overlay and stamped the first triangle. I put the card and overlay back in the MISTI, moved the card so that the edge of the stamped triangle lined up with the image on the overlay, removed the overlay and stamped the triangle again. I did this until all the blue triangles were stamped. I used the same process to stamp the green dotty triangles. After stamping the border, I finished it off by adding a black border. I used a ruler and two black markers. I used the thicker marker to do the outside lines and the fine marker for the two inner lines. I finished the front with a simple sentiment. On the inside, I used a fancy font for the birthday greeting, as I like the contrast with the crisp geometric images. I also added a few little triangles.


That's all from me today. Hopefully, I'll be back on the blog soon, but I've got a bit of work to catch up with from my class with Dyan. See you soon.

signature photo Signature.png

3 comments:

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

What a great design on your card Deborah, love the colour combo, thanks for letting us know how you did it.
Welsh lessons? Good for you, I should have taken more heed in school!
Take care
Faith x

Kathyk said...

FABULOUS borders entry for the LIM challenge, loving both colour and design

Kathyk

Lynne said...

This is super Deborah. I think I'll have to invest in a stamp positioner. I love the colours you've used and the two patterns go really well together. Thank you for sharing with us at Less is More.
Lynne x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...