Sunday 7 May 2017

CCT - Sketch ....

.... Morning! I'm here with my DT card for our new challenge at Christmas Card Throwdown - CCT09 and I'm rather late, as it should have been up yesterday. We have a fun sketch for your Christmas cards - lots of layers - you can still make it quite CAS or go crazy and distress like mad! Here's my take:

Silver Star - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Stamps: Stampin' Up! - Festive Flurry; Uniko - Most Wonderful
Inks: Versamark; Versafine - Onyx Black; Delicata - Silvery Shimmer
Dies: Lil Inkers - Dual Dotted Circles #5; SU/Sizzix - Festive Flurry Framelits
Accessories: White Lustre Card; SU Card - Smoky Slate; Kaisercraft DP - Glisten; Vellum; Silver Tinsel Embossing Powder


I decided to use some of my design papers for this card - in the end I used two sheets!! I started with a square card and cut a mat layer of light grey card which I adhered to the front. My next layer is some pretty design paper and I die cut a circle from the centre - love the dots left behind - I attached it flat over the grey card. for the centre I stamped some large snowflake images on vellum, heat embossed them with silver tinsel powder and cut them out with co-ordinating dies. The top layer was stamped on a piece of scrap from the design paper pad. I ran the largest layer through my Xyron and adhered it flat to the card, and I used dimensional tape to attach the next two layers. I like the front as it is, so decided not to add any sentiment. On the inside I cut the mat layer from design paper and on the white panel stamped another snowflake in silver and added a Christmas greeting. I'm submitting this card to Love to Craft Challenge Blog - LTCCB#10 where the theme is Anything Goes.

Silver Star detail - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's GemsSilver Star inside - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

The other photo above shows the different layers on the silver snowflake. Do visit our blog to see more inspiration projects from the rest of the Design Team. You've got plenty of time to play along - deadline for submission is midnight (BST) Friday 19th May (that's 7.00pm EDT). Have fun!!

signature

4 comments:

AlisonC said...

This is beautifully delicate and pretty. The snowflake looks wonderful on the vellum and then layered up. I love it.

Lucinda said...

I agree, the dots around the circle are fantastic, and the snowflake is superb, so pretty and intricate. A lovely card!

EK Gorman said...

Wow...this card is stunning. I adore all those layers. Amazing work.

Fabiola said...

elle est splendide Deborah! biz

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...