Sunday 15 May 2011

Eurovision ...

... well, one bottle of wine later and me arguing with the panels - and the winners are - Azerbaijan with "Running Scared" - not my favourite.  And Italy came second - unexpected.

Blue did really well for the United Kingdom coming in a creditable 11th, which is better than we've done for a while.  And Jedwood, representing Ireland, finished in 8th - the UK gave them 12 points!!  Considering Jedwood were considered a bit of a joke on one of the pop programmes, they did really well!

I love the voting process - the political block voting that goes on is such fun to watch but, of course, it means that the UK is extremely unlikely to win Eurovision again!!  Unless we come up with something quite spectacular!  Anyway, feeling slightly happy - remember that bottle of wine - I went onto U-Tube to see some old winners.  Some of my favourites are:

1.  Abba - Waterloo - 1974 from Brighton - I remember watching this and they were fantastic.  They became one of my favourite groups - and still are!

2.  Alexander Rybak, from Norway - 2009 - with Fairytale - a really great tune - still really enjoy this!!




3.  Lordi, from Finland - 2006 - Heavy Metal arrives at Eurovision - it'll probably never happen again!



I've had fun this evening!!  And I'm mildly happy.  See you later for this week's CR84FN challenge.

4 comments:

Paula (PEP) said...

Sounds like you had a good evening.
Paula (PEP)

Jen W. said...

I like Fairytale too - very catchy! :)

Jenny said...

I think we did well this year but agree, we will never win again. My favourite Eurovision entry from us has to be Bucks Fizz -'Making Your Mind Up' :)
Jenny x

Tara Cardwell said...

I think we need to persuade Take That to do our entry next year - that's the only way we'll ever get closer to the top again. It was nice to get some votes last night for a change though much less demoralising to watch than it has been for the last 10 years...........

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...