Monday 2 May 2011

Last full day ....

.... in Mumbai - and I can't believe it's almost time to go back to Wales.  I'd like to thank everyone for the lovely comments that have been left on my India blogs - I've read them all and appreciate you taking the time to leave them.  I can honestly say that it's been wonderful.  Mumbai is a city of enormous contrasts, but without exception, the people are polite, friendly and helpful.

You saw from my brief post on Saturday, that the hotel staff had arranged a lovely birthday party for Jonathan - it was fantastic!!  And we continued the good day by having dinner in the hotel - a superb Indian buffet.  We all wore our new Indian style clothes - Kathryn looked particularly lovely!


Yesterday, which was Maharashtra Day, we went to the zoo!  Yes, strange as it may sound we decided to visit the local zoo in Byculla - it's now called Jijamata Udyan (formerly Victoria Gardens) - it's different!  There aren't many animals (by UK) zoo standards, which may be fortunate, as the animals there are in the zoo are not the happiest I've ever seen.  However, we spent a lot of our time watching the visitors - and taking lots of photos.  To be fair, we featured in just as many photos.  The zoo grounds are beautiful, full of long walks and lovely plants - and it's obviously extremely popular with everyone in the area.

 





I could show you lots more, but actually, Jonathan has much better photos on his Flickr site - so if you want to see more photos of our days out - check here.

Yesterday evening we decided to try and get some photos of sunset at the sea.  So we headed to Worli seafront.  There's a really long promenade and it's hugely popular with everyone - particularly young couples.  It seems that everyone likes to be there in the evening.  So a few more pictures to share with you - including some taken by Kathryn.







For our final morning - I decided to drag (Kathryn didn't want to go out this morning) take Kathryn out for a quick walk around the local area.  I wanted to look in some of the shops and try to get a few more candid shots of the people.  Everything is so bright and colourful here - it was a great walk and I'm pleased that we went out.








Tonight we're all going out to dinner in the local restaurant - cheap, rustic food that tastes absolutely fabulous.  And then when we get back I have to pack!!!

Before I go though, I must welcome a couple of new followers - Joanne and Ioanna Maria - welcome Ladies!!  And that's really all for now.  Sorry it's such a long post - but there's so much to share :)

10 comments:

Pauline said...

Deborah, you look very hot in that last pic! Hope you and Kathryn have a safe journey home, looking forward to reading and seeing some more of your adventures when you get back!

Jenny said...

Lots of lovely pictures Deborah and hope you have a good flight home
Jenny x

G Peplow said...

Hi Deborah, So many wonderful memories, you'll not forget this one in a hurry:0) Brilliant photos and such beautiful Saris all the ladies look so gorgeous. Safe journey home:0) xxx
p.s love your coloured top, fab pattern!

Paula (PEP) said...

My favourite photo is of you & Jonathan - super seeing you so happy & with the sunset behind you. You've given me a memorable time too & thanks for making the time & effort to keep in touch through your blogging. Do have a safe journey home & give my love to Kathryn too.
Pauline's right - you do look a trifle warm in that last photo & the top is lovely.
Paula (PEP

Stamps and Paper said...

HI Deborah...well you certainly seen to be having a fantastic time and I am sure you will bring some lasting memories home with you....safe trip back...

Anne

jimlynn said...

FABULOUS photos!!!
Lynn

Trinh said...

These photos are wonderful and looks like you are having the time of your life! Thanks so much for stopping by my blog and leaving a sweet comment about my card.

Buffy said...

Hi Debs, I'm sorry you have to leave when you were having such a lovely time, but I am also glad you are on your way back as Mawgan and I have missed you and Kathryn lots.
Safe journey and gods speed
Buffy xx and Mawgy xx

Basement Stamper said...

wow, looks like an absolutely amazing trip.

Anonymous said...

Your a family of great photographers. You have some fabulous pictures for scrapbooking. What wonderful memories you have to share. I am real jealous of the camera lens -sigh- a girl can dream :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...