Saturday 23 November 2013

Waltzingmouse PJ Party .....

... Morning!  I'm back with my third card for the Waltzingmouse Pajama Party - this time it's for the second category - to pick a card, any card, so long as it's Christmas:

Merry Christmas - Photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Stamps: Waltzingmouse - Funky Feathers, Alpine Christmas
Inks: Stampin' Up! - Old Olive, Cherry Cobbler, Crumb Cake
Accessories: SU Card - Cherry Cobbler, Crumb Cake; White Lustre Card; Vellum

I'm afraid that I haven't made a 3D or interactive card, but I have made a Christmas card using non-Christmas images!  I created the Christmas tree from one of the stylized feathers from Funky Feathers - I woke up early yesterday morning with idea in my head and it only took about 20 minutes to make the card.  I stamped the Christmas message onto vellum (very on trend) and wrapped it round the white panel.  Then I mounted the whole lot onto a mat of Cherry Cobbler.  The inside has a a white panel on which I stamped the little village from Alpine Christmas and one of the verses from the set - they are all so nice.

Merry Christmas inside - Photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems.

I used a couple of challenges to make this card - the colours from this week's CAS - Colours & Sketches - CASC&S#52.  I'm also joining in with the final challenge of 2013 over at Festive Friday Challenge - FFC#22; the DT would like us to make a card using our favourite challenge from the year.  Now I didn't get to play along often - don't know why - I love making Christmas cards.  So I picked the challenge to feature a Christmas tree - those I adore!




Now, you might have noticed that I made this card with non-Christmas images - well that's what we'd like you to do over at Waltzingmouse Fanatics - WMSFC#6 - make a card and share it with us - you've got until Thursday 28th November to join in.

And that really is all for now.  I've got a busy morning lined up getting ready for our Dr Who party.  We've invited friends over to share in the fun of the 50th Anniversary show.  The Day of the Doctor will be broadcast on BBC America at 2.50pm with no advert breaks!  Really looking forward to it.  See you soon.

18 comments:

Tara Cardwell said...

Fab-u-lous!
Tara
x

Stamps and Paper said...

Hello Deborah...just catching up on all your creations since I've been away...you've certainly made some lovely cards I espeically like this post and for quirky tree...

Anne

Keep It Sweet and Simple said...

What a gorgeous and striking card. So clever to use the stamps in that way.
Caroline xxx

Kate said...

Love your quaint little tree. look fabulous no one would suspect these were feathers. The little alpine scene looks fabulous too.

Kim Heggins said...

Deborah...this is so stinkin' clever! What a fabulous design and a Christmas tree made of feathers, so fun.

Julia Aston said...

Love your wonderful funky feather tree Deborah - what a clever idea! Sounds like a fun afternoon for you!

Jeanne J. said...

Eeek! You win - hands down most creative Deborah! How the heck did you get a tree out of those feathers? Stunned silence here! WOW!

Buffy said...

Such a cool card. Love your tree Debs.
Hugs Buf x

Jen W. said...

Deborah, your feather tree is fabulous! Such a super cool idea! :D

Unknown said...

oh neat idea Deborah, love the 'feather' tree! and I love your wee colourful houses inside also!! fabby to 'see' you at the party! :)

Vickie Z said...

Totally fun tree! Perfectly trendy and perfectly WMS!!

karen h said...

What a cool use of the feather stamp! Thanks for joining us at CAS Colours & Sketches!

suezie said...

Deborah I just love how you've used this funky feather stamp! Such a cool idea - very creative. Hugs

Nonni said...

Brilliant idea, Deborah! I might have to CASE you! :)

Ardyth said...

How fun! I love this 'feather tree'! And I love that you always spend time on the inside of your cards, too! Thanks for joining us at Festive Friday! Merry Christmas - hope to see you again in 2014!

maria f. said...

That's one of the clever-est Christmas trees I've ever seen. And I'm afraid to admit this but I have no clue who Dr. Who is... Off to google.

Meredith MacRitchie said...

What a clever way to make a tree, Deborah! I love how it turned out! So glad you played with us again at Festive Friday!

Geri said...

What a clever design, Deborah! Love what you've done to the inside, too! Thanks so much for joining us for the last Festive Friday challenge! Hope to see you again next year!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...