Friday 15 November 2013

Thankful & blessed ....

.... I think that sums up my feeling about my life!  And it's a wonderful sentiment to have on the front of my Thanksgiving card:

Thankful & Blessed - Photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Stamps: CAS-ual Friday Stamps - Amber Waves
Inks: Stampin' Up! - Crushed Curry, Pumpkin Pie, Rich Razzleberry
Accessories: SU Card - Bravo Burgundy, Crushed Curry; White Lustre Card; SU DP - Pumpkin Pie; SU Punch - Label Bracket; Cuttlebug EF - Autumn Type


This week's colours from Colour Q - cQc215 are just perfect for a Thanksgiving card - really warm and rich.  I used the layout from Seize the Sketch - STS#8.  I made the card base from Bravo Burgundy.  I embossed the white panel with Autumn Type - all the words are just great for the season.  I created the horizontal strip by cutting a mat layer in SU DP and making my own DP by stamping with Amber Waves.  I really like the sentiment.  I stamped the small bunch of corn onto white card and punched it out and made the backing mat by cutting a yellow mat in half and attaching to the back of the white panel.  I finished the inside with a white panel on which I stamped the large bunch of corn and a sentiment.

Thankful & Blessed inside - Photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

It's another nice morning here in Northville, and quite a bit warmer than recently.  That's all for today - do drop by tomorrow for the new challenges at 52 {Christmas} Card Throwdown and Waltzingmouse Fanatics!  See you then.

12 comments:

Kim Heggins said...

This is the perfect card for Thanksgiving...just beautiful.

Mona Pendleton said...

So very pretty Deb! Love the beautifully embossed background!

Jen Mitchell said...

This is beautiful and a great combination of both challenges. I love the embossed background! Thanks for joining us at colourQ!

Julie Gearinger said...

Love the embossed white background with the color combination and sketch! The sentiment is perfect for this time of year and the wheat sheaves look fabulous on the sentiment as well as the sketch element- great job!

Darnell said...

That is, indeed, the most perfect Thanksgiving card, Deborah! I am loving that embossed background for autumn!! Hugs, Darnell

Marybeth said...

Absolutely beautiful Deborah! I do love these colors and I think you have inspired me to play along. The embossed white is gorgeous!
And many more blessings to you!

Cathy Weber said...

Oh Deborah, I really love that embossing folder...such great words for Fall. You sure stamped a cute pattern in gold and yes...that sentiment says it all!

Sylvia said...

Beautiful card of thanksgiving, Deborah, I especially like the embossed white space. Thanks for joining in the fun at the colourQ this week.

Tracey McNeely said...

Beautiful card for Thanksgiving Deborah, the embossing is fabulous. Thank you so much for joining us at the colourQ this week!

Stacey Schafer said...

so lovely, Deborah! thanks for playing along at Seize the Sketch!

Sarah said...

Gorgeous card, love your layout and embossing, thanks for joining us at ColourQ, hugs, Sarah x

June Houck said...

Oh so pretty, Deborah!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...