Thursday 21 November 2013

One for three ....

.... Hello everyone!  Where is this week going?  I can't believe it's already Thursday.  I've been quite busy sorting out bits for Christmas and working on various DT cards.  Today's card is for three challenges:

Merry Christmas - Photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Stamps: Waltzingmouse - Folk Art Christmas Additions, Seasonal Flourishes
Inks: Versamark; Versafine - Onyx Black; Stampin' Up! - Bashful Blue
Accessories: White Lustre Card; Docrafts DP - Classic Blue Christmas; Heat it Up! - Silver Tinsel; Cuttlbug EF - Snowflakes; Copics - G24, B12; Clear Embossing Powder; Vellum

I used Retro Sketches - RS90 for the layout; it's been a while since I played along with this challenge, so it's nice to be back.  I included some design paper in a CAS way - which is the theme for this week's Less is More Challenge - LIM146.  And I featured a bell, the cue word for this week's CASology - CAS71 challenge.


I was thrilled to receive my new Waltzingmouse stamps and dies in the post yesterday - thank you so much Lynn. They arrived in time for me to use the pretty bell on my card - I stamped it in Versamark, heat embossed with silver tinsel embossing powder and then cut it out.  I coloured the flowers and leaves with Copics.  I embossed the card base with snowflakes and added a strip of blue design paper with more snowflakes.  I stamped the sentiment on vellum and embossed it with clear powder.  I gave the bell a little dimension by using gel glue to adhere it to the card.  For the inside I cut a mat panel of the snowflake paper and on the white panel stamped another bell and sentiment.

Merry Christmas inside - Photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

That's all for today.  I've got a busy morning planned and then I'm meeting up with some friends at lunch.  It's always nice to get together for a chat and drink.  See you tomorrow!

7 comments:

Pauline said...

Simply gorgeous Deborah! Love the icy blues, and I have to get my order placed, been a bit busy here!

Chrissie said...

This is super Deborah!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
Less is More

Ardyth said...

Great combination of the challenges! Love the pattern in the bell - a great opportunity to add a little colour! Thanks so much for joining us at CASology this week!

Lynn Mercurio said...

Beautiful Deborah. Love the soft blue and silver for the holidays. Your embossed background is perfect and I love the vellum overlay! Awesome job.

Cathy Weber said...

Wow did you get those stamps in a hurry Deborah! Love that great folk art bell and the font on the sentiment is an all time favorite. Blue and silver are always such a "classy" combination for holiday cards. Have a great Thanksgiving next week!

Gillian R said...

Very pretty, what a gorgeous bell. Thank you so much for joining us this week at CASology

Anonymous said...

Simply gorgeous colours, Deborah ... and the dimension and sheen on the bell is stunning! Anita :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...