Tuesday 12 November 2013

ASM - Anything Goes ....

... Hi, good evening - I'm back again!  It really is feeling like winter today - while it has been beautifully sunny with blue skies, the temperature has struggled to get above freezing.  I was able to take some photos of the first snow this morning - see my earlier post.  So, a perfect day to stay indoors and do the ironing - at least I was warm ;)  I was able to get some time in my craft room too!

This week's challenge at Addicted to Stamps and More! is "Anything Goes" - this is always a popular challenge, and here's my card:


Stamps: Stampin' Up! - Delightful Dozen
Inks: Versafine - Onyx Black
Dies: Lil Inkers - Stitched Rectangles #6, Stitched Circles # 2 & 5; Die-namics - Fishtail Flags Layers Stax #2
Accessories: White Lustre Card; Design Paper & Vellum - Llewelyn-Bowen Venaissance; SU Card - Baja Breeze, Old Olive; Feathers; Vellum and UTEE Charm


Anything goes - so I decided to go out of my comfort zone and use a charm.  I used this week's sketch from Mojo Monday - MOJO319 - the little circle seemed exactly the place to put the mask.  I started by cutting the "stitched" line around the edge of the card and then added a central panel of printed vellum.  The elegant peacock feathers and crown go so well with the UTEE mask.  I cut a backing panel in blue and mounted the large circle, cut from matching design paper.  I cut the banners and embossed the sentiment onto the vellum flag.  I finished off by using gel glue to adhere the feathers and mask.  As you can see, this card will be on its way to my Mum soon - just because I can!!  For the inside I've cut a mat panel in blue and a plain white panel on which to write my note.

Don't forget to check out the inspiration pieces from the team - such a lovely variety of themes and colours.  I can't wait to see what you make.  That's all for now - see you soon.

9 comments:

Kylie said...

Your mum is going to love this, Deborah! That mask is just beautiful! Your whole card is stunning xx

Kristie said...

This is gorgeous! I love how the vellum softens up the background.

Jackie said...

Beautiful cards and photographs since my last visit. Love those pumpkins in the snow :)
Jackie xx

Stamps and Paper said...

Beautiful card Deborah and love the mask....we've had our first frost down here in Somerset

Anne

Sue said...

Stunning card, Deborah! The UTEE mask looks amazing. xx

Nonni said...

Wow, I love the theme and feel of this card! Very special. The sketch you used is really fab too -I saved it for later use. Thank you! xxx

Deepti Stephens said...

Oh wow! This is awesome.. Loved everything about this card.. :)

Anonymous said...

Hi Deborah. Love the flamboyant look of your card. The mask and feathers are the perfect finishing touches. Have a lovely day! hugs Monika xxx

Danielle Vincent said...

Oooh Deborah - this is absolutely fabulous!! Really love EVERYTHING about it!! Terrific take on that sketch. Hugs D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...