The diagonals on the sketch reminded me of a pocket (seems to be a common thought) so I've gone for a tag and pocket design with a pretty feminine feel. I've been able to use lots of lovely background stamps on this card in soft, subtle colours. I sewed some lace directly onto the two triangles and then stitched the triangles to the card base - making a sweet pocket. I love Rescue Remedies but don't use it often enough, but I thought it would be perfect for this card.
I made the tag double sided using coordinating papers. On the front I stamped the balm of friendship stamp in turquoise on a smaller label, and on the reverse I stamped the same image in a green. The card has a different look depending on which side shows! I added a lovely yellow rose to the card - to echo the yellow roses in the inspiration photo. I'm really pleased with the way that this has turned out.
Edited: I should thank Pauline, DT on Ribbon Reel, as her gorgeous yellow rose was the inspiration for my rose! Sorry, forgot to put this in earlier :)
Stamps: Waltzingmouse - Pic-Nic Patterns, Rescue Remedies, Text-It
Inks: Distress - Tumbled Glass, Scattered Straw, Shabby Shutters, Broken China, Crushed Olive; Memento - Tuxedo Black
Promarkers: Lemon, Yellow, Pear Green, Moss
Spellbinders: Labels 4 (S4-190) #5, Labels 4 Sm (S4-309) #6
Accessories: Ribbon, wool, card from stash
I said above that I had two ideas - well, if I get chance later, I'll try to get it finished and posted before the deadline. I might get it done anyway. But I do have to get some ironing done - Jonathan is back at work next week - his holiday has gone so fast - and I need to get the shirts done. So that's all for now. See you later.