Friday 19 August 2011

Colour Q challenge ....

... gosh today's plans went a bit adrift this morning.  I was planning on getting some of the washing done, but before putting the machine on, I decided to make a cup of coffee.  That was when I discovered we had no water in the village.  The mains water had been cut off - I rang to find out what the problem was - a burst water main!!  So no washing!!

So instead, I've done some reading and managed to make a card for this week's Colour Q challenge - cQc98.  They have the most gorgeous colours - but I think they are playing with the new In Colours from Stampin' Up!  That being the case, I've had to match the colours as best I can.


The stamp that I've used is really fun - love the image and the sentiment - but this is the first time it's seen ink!!!  The stamp set came with co-ordinating papers which are very similar to the colours above - well they're close :)

I started off by covering my card base with green paper.  I stamped the image in Versafine, embossed it with clear powder and coloured with Promarkers.  I used my nesties to cut the image out and to make a couple of layers - one a plain rectangle and a fancy one.  I mounted the image and mats onto the card and then added the topiary bush and pot, and stamped in some grass.  I'm so glad that this set has finally seen ink - I think it'll be out again soon.


Stamps:  Docrafts - Born to Shop - Grown & Sown
Inks:  Versafine - Onyx Black; Memento - Bamboo Leaves, Pear Tart
Promarkers: Khaki (soft suede), Petrol Blue (island indigo), Turquoise (Bermuda bay), Lime Green (lucky limeade), Raw Sienna, Ice Grey 1
Spellbinders:  Fleur de Lis Rectangles (S4-317) #4, Standard Rectangles Sm (S4-130) #5, Standard Rectangles (S4-132)
Accessories:  Docrafts - Born to Shop papers, Card from stash

Aunty Sue and Saffron arrive today - I'm so looking forward to seeing them both.  The last time I saw Sue was at my sister's funeral in March - so it's good that we get to see each other again in much nicer circumstances.  Kathryn can't wait to meet her "cousin" - I'm sure they're going to get on really well.  Keep your fingers crossed for decent weather this weekend!

Before I go, I have another couple of Blog Friends, and I'd like to take this opportunity to say Hello and Welcome to Marta and Yvette.  And that really is all for today - I'm going to busy with the family.  See you soon - have a great weekend!

8 comments:

Tara Cardwell said...

I've not seen that stamp before Deborah - its a really great image. Love how you've created the grass on the base card to go with the theme too.

Hope you get your water back - I suspect I may be going home to a similar predicament and we drove down a river that used to be a road this morning....

Tara
x

Eileen said...

Hi Deborah, Jsut to let you know that I have nominated your blog as a recipient of a blog award. I'll post about it later today.

Paula (PEP) said...

Love the topiary & that grass stamping is throroughly effectve. Superb take on the colours. Enjoy the family.
Paula (PEP)
Hope the water's fixed in time for the visitors.

Sylvia said...

Lovely card, Deborah! sorry about your water, but at least you could make this card. Thanks for joining us at the ColourQ this week.

Pauline said...

What a fab card, the colours are gorgeous.

Hope you are enjoying your family visit, and your water is back on!

Christina said...

What a sweet little card! Love the topiary and stamped garden you added at the bottom, and the Nestie frame is beautiful. Thanks for joining us again this week at the ColourQ!

Unknown said...

So cute! I LOVE all your added details, like the topiary :) Thanks for playing with us at the colourQ this week! :)

~Tammy~ said...

You rocked those colors and that is a fun little stamp! Great details!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...