Friday 26 August 2011

Shrewsbury Folk Festival ....

This is a very picture heavy post!!

... no cards today, but I thought I'd share a few photos from last year's festival.  It was the first time we'd attended and it was fabulous.  There is so much at the Festival - music, song, craft, dance, families, fun - it's a great place to be and it's not just at the Festival site either - a lot of dancing takes place in Shrewsbury town centre.











And I was introduced to a musican called Chuck Brodsky - he's just brilliant.  He made me laugh, he made me cry - and I thoroughly enjoyed listening to his music.  A few people recorded his set and put it up on U-tube - so here's a song that I loved - Armitage Shanks - really made me laugh!!



And this one - Lili's Braids - made me cry.  This version is not from Shrewsbury Fesitval, but I wanted to share the song - it still makes me cry - listen to it!  It's worth it.



That's all for today - we're on our way.  Keep your fingers crossed for half-way decent weather!  See you soon.

2 comments:

Paula (PEP) said...

By the time you read this - I hope you've had super weather & a lovely time.
Paula (PEP)

Jenny said...

Great photos Deborah :0
I'll listen to the music another time.. the rest of the family are in bed!
Jenny x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...