Tuesday 31 May 2011

Mono Christmas ....

.... here's another card for this week's Jingle Belles challenge to use three or more different patterned papers.  I kept to the same set of stamps - but this time I selected the snowman - he's so cute!





This time the papers come from Anita's (Docrafts) and I've gone for a black, white and silver look.

Stamps: Waltzingmouse - Sewing Box - Christmas
Ink: Memento - Tuxedo Black
Paper: Anita's Classic Christmas - Black
Spellbinders: Snowflake Pendant (S4-286)

You can see from the close-up photo that I have managed to use four different papers, and again I've got a Christmas sentiment on the paper pieced snowman.  The card is lovely in real-life, it's a bit dull in the photo.  However, I am very pleased how it's turned out.

I'm off to watch Create and Craft TV - Dawn Bibby has moved from QVC (after 18 years) to a new position on C&C.  I'm sure she's going to be really nervous - but I'm looking forward to seeing what (if anything) is going to be different from QVC.  I may even be tempted to renew my C&C membership!!

That's all for now - I'll be back later this evening to check out this week's challenge from Colour Q - I'm having fun with their colours!!  See you later.

9 comments:

Pauline said...

Very festive Deborah, I like the monochomatic colour scheme, so effective!

Sharon Traynor Designs said...

Love the monochrome look of this card Deborah; very elegant. The paper piecing is superb!
Hugs,
Sharon xx

Paula (PEP) said...

Like the way the snowman is sitting off the edge here & the colours are very interesting. As I should have said above (commenting in rerse order here) in connection with the non-traditional Christmas colours - it's refreshing to see something different & a card doesn't shriek Christmas at you with red & green.
Paula (PEP)

Jenny said...

Love these colours for a christmas card Deborah, great card :)
Jenny x

SmilynStef said...

What elegant colors ... so perfect with that cool little snowman ... thanks for a double-take on our jingle belles prompt this week.

Jackie said...

Brilliant card, I do love monochrome :o)
Jackie xx

lauren bergold said...

oooooooooooh! that black and silver color scheme is soooooo very dramatic and beautiful! and the snowman and snowflake stamps work PERFECTLY in your design! well done, card number TWO!!! ♥

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Loveeeeeeee that flake and the snowman! :):):):):):):):):):):):)

Candy said...

Beautiful card, Deborah! I love the non-traditional color scheme... very elegant!
Candy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...