Thursday 26 May 2011

Just Us Girls ....

.... it's been a while since I played along with Just Us Girls - but the challenge this week was totally irresistible!!  The want us to make a card using rainbow colours - red, orange, yellow, green, blue, violet - and I do like a bright and cheerful card.



I think the hardest thing about this challenge was what to put on my card.  I've gone for a clean and simple design which allows the rainbow colours to shout out!!  First I had a rummage in my paper stash - I knew I had some rainbow paper - and sure enough I found a sheet of hand made paper.  Bright colours with some chunky texture and some sparkle too.  I cut out a lattice shape using my Spellbinders Lotus die.  For the topper I stamped a circle of hearts in black versafine and heat embossed the image with clear powder.  I coloured the hearts with Promarkers (there are 24 hearts - so I was able to do exactly four repeats of the colours).  To go inside the coloured hearts I went for a simple, graphic flower and used red, orange and yellow.  Finally, I added a simple sentiment.  I think the card can be used for all sorts of occasions.  It's going in my stash!




Stamps:  Waltzingmouse - Big Bloom - Poinsettias, L'il Buddies
Inks:  Versafine - Onyx Black
Promarkers:  Poppy, Mandarin, Canary, Lush Green, Royal Blue, Purple
Spellbinders:  Lotus Pendant (S4-269), Standard Circles Sm (S4-116) die #5
Accessories:  Rainbow paper, card, clear embossing powder and greeting from stash

Please excuse the quality of the photo - taken in a darkish room with not much light.  I'll try for a better shot tomorrow, but I wanted to make sure that I got in on time. 

I'd like to say thank you so much to Jules for her tip regarding Blogger and commenting - it worked a treat and I spent a large part of this morning catching up on commenting on CR84FN entries - such fun!!  I have had a look at lots of other challenges, but I'm sorry I don't have time to go back and leave comments.

That's all for now.  I have a couple more cards to share with you tomorrow - so until then, bye for now.

5 comments:

Paula (PEP) said...

Striking use of the rainbow paper with your colouring of those hearts - lovely & cheerful.
Paula (PEP)

Dana Gustafson said...

YOur rainbow paper looks fab with the delicate lotus cut! Beautiful! Thank so much for playing in the Just Us Girls rainbow challenge!

Pauline said...

Nice bright sunny card, love the poinsettia flower, it works so well here.

Vicky Hayes said...

There's a folk art quality to your card that I like. And you're right - it would work for many different occasions.

Andrea M said...

Deb this is AMAZING! What a wonderful, creative card! Beautiful work friend! Thanks for playing along with JUGS!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...