Friday 15 December 2023

Pastel Winter Wonderlands

..... Hello! Day 3 of my Christmas Card run through. Today, I've a set of four pastel Christmas cards - all like a winter wonderland:


Stamps: Gina K - Graphic Tree, Festive Phrases, On the Inside - Christmas
Inks: Gina K - Ocean Mist, Lovely Lavender, Bubblegum Pink, Blue Lagoon, Wild Lilac, Passionate Pink, Blue Denim; Memento - Summer Sky; Versafine Clair - Nocture
Dies: Gina K - Master Layout 4, Graphic Tree
Accessories: White Card; GK/ThermoWeb - Stars & Snow Stencil; Sakura Pens

I'm submitting this set of cards to Cupcake Inspirations Challenge - CIC#584 where the theme is Winter Wonderland, and to Happy Little Stampers Stencil Challenge - HLSSC#12 - where it's Anything Goes.


I cut four pieces of white card and then stencil the starry/snowy background in soft pastel colours, and used a scalloped stitched rectangle to cut out the background pieces. I stamped the Christmas tree onto white card using the same inks and then cut them out with the matching die. I also cut out a number of extra trees. I layered the trees to give stability and dimension. I inked the edges of white A2 notecards with the same pastel shades to give the illusion of coloured notecards. I stamped the bold Christmas greeting in darker/brighter co-ordinating inks and adhered them to the matching notecards. I added the Christmas trees. To finish the trees, I added some sparkle and shine with Sakura pens. Inside the card, I added a sentiment panel.


I really like the Christmas tree stamp - it has endless possibilities - I think next year, I might add gems and/or buttons!! That's it for today. See you again tomorrow.

signature photo Signature.png

2 comments:

Buffy said...

Gorgeous cards Debs.
Thank you for my lovely card.
Warm Hugs & Holiday happiness
Buffy xx

Nora Noll said...

Your cards are so beautiful. I love the use of the pastels. I also like that you used the same design with different colors. Thank you for playing with us this round at Cupcake Inspirations Challenge!!

Nora
DT Member
Cupcake Inspirations Challenge

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...