Wednesday 13 December 2023

Graphic Christmas Trees

... Gosh, I've just realised how long it's been since I posted on my blog - largely because my mojo went AWOL!! Normally, by the end of November, I've made all the Christmas cards I need to send - around 100 - 120 cards in total. This year - nah! For some reason, this year has been hard. Then I had a brainwave on 1st December - I'll make Christmas cards said I!!! I think I'm mad.  But, not so much. I made 52 cards in a week and have posted them all out - so they should make it to the recipients on time.

Here's the first set of Christmas cards I made:


Stamps: Gina K - Graphic Tree, Holly Jolly Mini
Inks: Gina K - Blue Raspberry, Wild Lilac, Red Velvet; Versafine Clair - Nocturne
Dies: Gina K - Master Layout Sets 1 and 2, Graphic Tree
Accessories: White & Black Card; Gina K Poly Glaze Sheets - Winter Snow, Tiny Dots; Gina K/ThermoWeb Deco Foils - Glimmering Gold, Sparkling Silver, Silver Sequins

I'm submitting them to Happy Little Stamps Anything Goes with Dies - HLSAGD#12, Time Out Challenge - TOC#253 - where the theme is sparkly, and to Never-Before-Used-Schtuff - NBUS#57 - all this is new!



All 52 of the cards I made were very quick, largely because I used similar products on them all. I picked four different Polyglaze designs, foiled them using my Minc machine and then used the left-over foils on toner sheets. This set of cards uses three of the left-over sheets. I cut the panels using a die to fit the front of an A2 note card. Before adhering them to the card, I used a smaller die from MLO2 to cut out a piece from the centre of each panel - more of them later. I used dies to cut a black mat layer and white panel on which I stamped a simple greeting. I finished by adding a diecut Graphic Christmas tree to each panel - mounted with dimensional pads. Inside each card I added a panel with a bold greeting. I stamped the little snowflakes to match the colour of the tree on each card.


That's all for now. I'll share more cards during the week. So happy to be back making cards. Mind, I've not stopping crafting - only it's more mixed media in my Dylusions Dyalogs. See you all soon.

signature photo Signature.png

5 comments:

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Sounds like everyone, has been in the same mode, Deborah. I made 40 of the same card, all the same, not as you have done. So well done on that. They are really lovely cards, and I'm sure everyone will love them.
Faith x

Darnell said...

Well done, Deborah! 52 cards in a week is a feat and they aren't just one-layer with a single branch and sediment like I would have done, lol! These are schparkly and festive and very beautiful outside and inside! Thank you for inspiring everyone to use their NBUS! Happy Holiday Hugs! Darnell

Debbie Mageed said...

Beautiful holiday cards! I love the background papers. Don't you just hate it when life gets in the way of crafting?! I sure do!! Thank you for playing with us at the HLS Die Challenge. I hope you can join us again soon.
Debbie, DT
Secrets To Stamping
Join my Creative Creases Challenge for fun folds!

My Paper Epiphany said...

I love all colour versions of these stylish cards! Thanks so much for joining us at Time Out:)

Gerrina said...

Love the contrast between the graphic tree and so sparkly background! Thank you for joining us at Time Out!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...