Wednesday 16 December 2020

SHC - Geometric Birthday ....

... Good morning! It's time for my Seven Hills Craft blog post. Today I'm sharing a clean, crisp, geometric birthday card.


Stamps: Concord & 9th - On the Diagonal Turnabout, All the Birthdays
Inks: Gina K - Sea Glass, Ocean Mist, Blue Lagoon
Dies: C&9 - All the Birthdays
Accessories: White Card; Teal Satin Card; C&9 - Turnabout Jig

I really enjoy using Concord & 9th's turnabout stamps, and I've had the On the Diagonal stamp since it came out, but this is the first time I've used it. If you've not used turnabout stamps before, check out the video below - it's great! I started by cutting a panel of white card 6" square, adhering it to the C&9 Turnabout Jig and then stamped the image using my MISTI stamp positioner. I used lime green and soft teal for the pattern. I cut the panel to fit on the front of a 6¼" x 4½" card. I found a dark teal satin card in my stash and cut a thin strip which I added to the top and bottom of the panel. I finished the front with a simple square birthday greeting in dark teal. I used the matching die to cut it out and used foam to add it to the card. On the inside, I simply stamped another birthday greeting, added some confetti around the words and finished by adding the left-over stamped strips.


I'm submitting this card to Darnell's Never-Before-Used-Schtuff challenge - NBUS#21. Before I go, I have to come clean and tell you that the card you see above is not how it started out. 


Originally, I stamped the birthday greeting in pale teal and added some green glitter ink to the words, I thought it would be great - I was wrong, it was awful!! Still, it was an easy fix to restamp in dark teal and glue over the mistake!! Here's how it was before:


Well, that's all from me today. I've got a busy week finishing up wrapping presents and getting up our Christmas tree. See you again soon.



signature photo Signature.png

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...