Tuesday 15 December 2020

C24C - Christmas Food & Drink ....

.... Morning!! It's time for our last challenge of 2020 at Christmas 24 Challenge. It's been a heck of a year for us all but, if you've been playing along with the challenge, you will have made at least 24 cards for your stash. I made many more!! Today our challenge is a super fun one of Holiday Food and Drink - C24C#24. Here's my take:


Stamps: Waltzingmouse Stamps - Oven Fresh Gingerbread Joy, Around Christmas Time
Inks: Gina K - Charcoal Brown, Cherry Red, Christmas Pine; Versamark
Dies: WMS - Gingerbread Family
Accessories: White Card; Kaisercraft DP - Gingerbread; Clear Embossing Powder; Copic Markers; Glitter


Sadly Waltzingmouse Stamps are no longer available, but I love Claire's designs and the Gingerbread folk are firm favourites and come out at least once a year. I started by stamping the Gingerbread folk on white card removing them from the MISTI and colouring the images with Copic markers. I returned the images to the MISTI, stamped the images with Versamark and then again with red and green ink. I then added clear embossing powder and heated. This techniques gives a crisp shine to the finished image. I used the matching dies to cut out the Gingerbread kids. Next I stamped the large Christmas pudding on white card, I used the same technique to add colour to the pudding and holly. I fussy cut the pudding and some extra holly leaves. I found the perfect design paper in my stash and cut a panel for the front of the card. I stamped the sentiment, added some more little gingerbread folk,some peppermint candy canes and little stars. I adhered the pudding flat to the card, added the gingerbread kids and used foam to add the holly leaves. Prior to adhering the pudding, I added some glitter to the icing. On the inside of the card, I cut a mat layer from another sheet of design paper and on the white panel simply stamped another message and another Gingerbread kid.


I'm submitting this card to The Holly and Ivy Christmas Challenge - H&ICC#85 where it's Anything Christmas Goes.

Please don't forget to visit our blog - Christmas 24 Challenge - to see more inspiration from the rest of the design team. While I've finished my cards for this year, this is one of my first one for next year. It really is never too early to make a start of your cards. Have fun and I look forward to stopping by to see your creations. See you soon!

signature photo Signature.png

3 comments:

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Fun and yummy Deborah. Great sparkle too.
Faith x

Lynda said...

Such a fun card - very jolly and festive. Loving that glitter....thank you for joining us at The Holly and Ivy Christmas Challenge xx Lynda DT

Fabiola said...

super gourmand Deborah! biz

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...