Wednesday 9 December 2020

SHC - Floral Birthdays ...

.... Morning! I'm here with my Seven Hills Craft blog post. In a change from my recent Christmas cards, I'm sharing a couple of much needed birthday cards. For me, January is a very busy month for family and friends birthdays. There are nine in all - yes, nine!! Here's my first card:


Stamps: Concord & 9th - In Bloom, All the Birthdays
Inks: Versamark; Delicata - Golden Glitz; Versafine Clair - Nocturne
Dies: Concord & 9th - In Bloom; Die-namics - A2 Stitched Rectangles Set 2 #7
Accessories: White Card; Lawn Fawn - Gold Embossing Powder; Gold Shimmer Vellum; SU Card - Basic Black

I'm submitting this card to The Card Concept - CC#145. The inspiration photo contains elegant candles and patterns in black, white and gold and I've used that on this card. It's a clean, layered and elegant card.


I started by stamping the leaves and flowers on black card with Versamark ink. I heat embossed with gold powder and used the matching die to cut out the images. I stamped a simple birthday greeting on black card, heat embossed with gold powder and used a banner die to cut it out. I used a stitched edge rectangle die to cut a piece of gold shimmer vellum which I adhered to the card. I added the flowers, leaves and greeting flat to the card to make it easy to post. 


On the inside, I cut a piece of the gold vellum for the mat layer, and on the white panel stamped a bold birthday greeting using a two-step stamp. I finished with a tiny gold flower in the top corner of the panel. My next card used all the parts of the In Bloom release:


Stamps: Concord & 9th - In Bloom, All the Birthdays
Inks: Versamark; Gina K - Innocent Pink, Dusty Rose, Bubblegum Pink; Stampin' Up! - Mint Macaron
Dies: Concord & 9th - In Bloom
Accessories: White Card; Silver Mirri Card; Silver Design Paper; Silver Embossing Powder; Concord & 9th - In Bloom Stencils; Cosmic Shimmer - Silver Mist

I'm submitting this card to Darnell's super challenge blog - Never-Before-Used-Schtuff - NBUS#21. That's certainly the case with this card as the set is absolutely brand new!!


For this card I used the large floral image. I used my MISTI to stamp the image in pale grey onto a large piece of white card. I removed the stamped image and placed the flower stencil, from In Bloom Stencils, over the image and used several shades of pink ink to colour the flowers. I switched to the leaf stencil and used green ink for the leaves. I replaced the coloured panel in the MIST, stamped the image again in Versamark ink and heat embossed with silver powder. I find doing this gives cleaner image. The In Bloom stencil pack also contains a mask that can be placed over the coloured image. I used it here and added some silver splatter to the background. I finished the front with a simple birthday banner attached with dimensional pads. On the inside, I cut a mat layer of silver design paper, and on the white panel stamped a large birthday greeting in green to match the leaves, and another flower in pink.


That's all from me today. Thanks for stopping by. I really do appreciate the time you take and all comments left. See you again soon.

signature photo Signature.png

5 comments:

Buffy said...

Beautiful cards Debs, love the silver embossing.
Hugs Buf x

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Both are Stunning cards Deborah.
Keep safe
Faith x

LeAnne said...

Your Card Concept card is stunning...so simple and yet so pretty! It captures the feel of the inspiration photo perfectly! Thanks for playing with us!

StampinwithAnita said...

Deborah: What a perfect card based on the inspiration photo! It is a wonderful card and you have a good start on your January cards. Thank you so much for joining us at the Card Concept!

Darnell said...

You've created two stunning birthday cards, Deborah! Your first is a winning take on the Card Concept photo inspiration! I love the rich elegance. And your second design in pink is like a bouquet of fresh flowers to adorn someone's desk! You put a lot of effort into this work of art and it shows! Thank you for sharing with everyone at NBUS! Happy Holiday Hugs, Darnell

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...