Wednesday 11 November 2020

SHC - Ornament Banner Christmas ...

... Hello! Time is marching on - it's almost the middle of November and that means there are only six weeks until Christmas. So, my Seven Hills Crafts post features Christmas cards. All feature ornament banners - I made banners in pinks, blues, gold, rainbow, and red & green. Here's the first card using the pink ornament banner:


Stamps: My Favorite Things - Ornament Builder Banner; Concord & 9th - Star Turnabout, Very Merry Sentiments, Christmas Cottage
Inks: Gina K - Innocent Pink, Passionate Pink, Red Hot, Cherry Red, Jet Black Amalgam; Delicata - Silvery Shimmer
Dies: Die-namics - Ornament Builder Banner
Accessories: White & Black Card

I used the Star Turnabout alternating pink and silver inks to create the background. I cut the pink ornament banner into two, adhered them to the card front and finished by stamping the sentiment in the middle. On the inside, I stamped and added some decoration in pink to match the front of the card.


My next card uses the blue banner:



Stamps: My Favorite Things - Ornament Builder Banner; Concord & 9th - Star Turnabout, Joy, Christmas Cottage
Inks: Gina K - Powder Blue, Blue Denim, Jet Black Amalgam; Delicata - Silvery Shimmer
Dies: Die-namics - Ornament Builder Banner
Accessories: White & Black Card

I used the same star stamp for the background, but this time only stamped it twice, once in blue and once in silver.

Next is the rainbow ornament banner card:


Stamps: My Favorite Things - Ornament Builder Banner; Concord & 9th - Star Turnabout, Christmas Cottage, Warm Wishes
Inks: Versafine Clair - Tulip Red, Summertime, Cheerful, Verdant, Paradise, Charming Pink, Purple Delight; Gina K- Jet Black Amalgam; Delicata - Golden Glitz
Dies: Die-namics - Ornament Builder Banner
Accessories: White & Black Card

For this card I only stamped the stars once in shimmery gold ink as I wanted the rainbow ornaments to stand out. I stamped a greeting on the front and inside, I used the same words as the previous two cards, but this time the decoration is stamped in gold to match the stars.


The next card features the gold ornament banner:


Stamps: My Favorite Things - Ornament Builder Banner; Concord & 9th - Polka Dot Turnabout, Very Merry Sentiments
Inks: Delicata - Golden Glitz; Versafine - Onyx Black
Dies: Die-namics - Ornament Builder Banner
Accessories: White, Cream, & Black Card; Clear Embossing Powder

I changed the background to polka dots for this card and stamped the turnabout image twice in gold. I adhered the ornament banner across one corner of the card and stamped a bold greeting in black in the opposite corner which I embossed with clear powder. On the inside, I stamped the verse from Very Merry Sentiments.


My last card uses the red & green ornament banner and this time I opted for a portrait look:


Stamps: My Favorite Things - Ornament Builder Banner; Concord & 9th - Polka Dot Turnabout, Very Merry Sentiments
Inks: Kaleidacolor - Fruit Cake; Versafine - Onyx Black
Dies: Die-namics - Ornament Builder Banner
Accessories: White & Black Card; Clear Embossing Powder

I really like this Kaleidacolor ink pad, I think it's perfect for Christmas cards. I stamped the polk dot background twice. I cut the banner into two pieces, adhered them across the corners of the card and added the centre ornament with a dimensional pad. I finished by stamped the sentiment directly on the card and heat embossing with clear powder. The inside has the same verse as the cream card - but the photo was blurred!! 

These cards are flat and will be easy to mail. That's all from me today. Hope you're all keeping safe and well. Bye for now.

signature photo Signature.png

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...