Sunday 15 November 2020

C24C - Santa Claus ....

.... Morning! Wow, this month is flying by - we're already half-way through. However, that does mean it's time for our new challenge at Christmas 24 Challenge - C24C#22 where we want to see your cards feature the main man - SANTA CLAUS. I've made two cards, here's the first:


Stamps: Waltzingmouse Stamps - Around Christmas Time
Inks: Gina K - Sea Glass, Red Velvet; Versamark
Dies: Die-namics - Circles Stax 2 # 7
Accessories: White Card; Copic Markers; Silver Embossing Powder; Stardust Clear Glitter Pen

I'm submitting this card for CAS Colours & Sketches - CASC&S#396 and to The Colour Throwdown - CTD#619. It's been a while since I played along with any challenges, so this feels good.


The card was super easy to make. I used the MISTI to stamp the lines on the card - that way I made sure they were straight! I stamped the Santa circle on white card, colour the hat red (of course) and added some colour to his face and to the words. I repositioned the image in the MISTI and stamped in Versamark ink and embossed with silver powder. I used a circle die to cut out the image and adhered it to the front of the card. I added some sparkle to the little bell and added a simple greeting in red. On the inside, I simply added another Christmas greeting.


Here's a close-up of the Santa image - this one has always been a favourite of mine:


My next card is a slightly different take on Santa - this one features Santa's footprints:


Stamps: Waltzingmouse Stamps - Secret Santa; Concord & 9th - All the Merrys
Inks: Gina K - Soft Stone, Red Velvet; Versamark
Accessories: White Card; Copic Markers; Silver Embossing Powder; Stardust Clear Glitter Pen

I'm submitting this card to Freshly Made Sketches - FMS#461 and to Time Out Challenges - TOC#174 where the theme is Festivals - Christmas is a biggy!!


I positioned the large shoe print stamp in the MISTI and it on white card. I removed the card and coloured the lines with Copic markers, repositioned the image, stamped with Versamark and heat embossed with silver powder. I carefully cut out the embossed image and edged it with a soft grey marker. I cut a panel of white card onto which I stamped a row of Santa's footprints up the side and then adhered the large embossed shoe print. I edged the panel with red ink and adhered it to the front of a 6¼" × 4½" card. I finished the front by stamping a greeting in red. On the inside, I added another greeting and a 'approved by' stamp on the corner.


I took a close-up photo of the shoe print so that you can clearly see how the colour appears:


I think this is a fun challenge and I look forward to visiting your blogs to see your creations. Don't forget to visit our Christmas 24 Challenge blog to see more cards from the rest of the design team. Bye for now.

signature photo Signature.png

9 comments:

Crafting Queen said...

Two wonderful cards, love the Santa one.Anesha

Shannon Lorenz-Hatch said...

I love both of your holiday cards. So cute. I think my favorite is "Santa in the moon". The boot imprint is pretty cute too. I love the Aqua, red and silver color combo. Thanks so much for joining us this week at CC&S

JulieP said...

I am in awe of the silver embossing in that negative space! So cool and so beautiful! Thanks so much for playing along with us at the CC&S challenge blog!

Vickie Z said...

Sweet cards! Love the Santa! So happy you joined us at CTD!

Wanda Cullen said...

This is such a great layout and your card is a great take on the throwdown colors! So glad you joined us in the challenge!

Fabiola said...

Quelle jolie creation Deborah, des couleurs fraîches et un design très moderne, biz

Jacqueline said...

Two fab cards Deborah - perfect embossing - Jacqueline x

Jill V said...

Such fun designs - I love that foot print and how you added the silver embossing for a shiny festive feel. Thanks so much for playing along with us at TIME OUT! Jill

Quillish said...

Your cards are so beautiful! I love the shoe card and all the lovely embossing makes it prettier. Thank you for joining us with this festive card at Time Out challenges. Hugs ~ Ishani.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...