Wednesday 25 November 2020

SHC - Christmas Trees Galore ...

.... Hello! I'm here with my Seven Hills Craft post - a bit late, but I was busy watching the Bake Off final last night!! I've made four more cards for my Christmas stash all using products from Concord & 9th. I'll start off with my tree shaped cards:


Stamps: Concord & 9th - Trim the Tree, All the Merrys
Inks: Versamark; Gina K - Red Velvet, Obsidian Amalgam
Dies: C&9 - Trim the Tree, All the Merrys
Accessories: White Card; SU Card - Old Olive, Mossy Meadow; Gold Embossing Powder; Gold, Silver, Red Mirri Card; Clear Aquashimmer Brush; Glossy Accents

I used the large tree die from Trim the Tree to make these shaped cards. They were very easy to make. I cut a panel of white card 11" x 4¼", folded it in half and placed the die on it so the top was over the crease, and ran it through the Big Shot. I ended up with a tree shaped card that will stand easily on the tree trunk. I used the same die to cut two green trees to go on the front of the cards.


Before attaching the green trees I added some decorations. On the dark green tree I used the stitch die (from Trim the Tree) to add stitched decorations and on the light green tree I stamped Christmas lights using stamps (Trim the Tree). I adhered the trees to the cards and continued to add more decorations - you can't have too many decorations on a Christmas tree!! I used the bauble garland and ornament dies to cut gold, silver and red decorations. I added the words 'fa la la' to the front of the light green tree, added some sparkle with a clear aquashimmer brush and went over with glossy accents. On the dark green tree, I stamped a large greeting and embossed it with gold powder. On the inside of both cards, I stamped a Christmas message in red ink.


I'm submitting these cards to the current challenge at The Holly and Ivy Christmas Challenge - H&ICC#84 where it's Anything Christmas Goes.

The next two Christmas trees are the focal images on actual cards:


Stamps: Concord & 9th - Trim the Tree, All the Merrys
Inks: Versamark; Gina K - Red Velvet, Sea Glass, Dark Chocolate, Obsidian Amalgam
Dies: C&9 - Trim the Tree, All the Merrys
Accessories: White Card; SU Card - Old Olive, Mossy Meadow; Gold Embossing Powder; Gold, Silver, Red Mirri Card; Clear Aquashimmer Brush; Glossy Accents

I used some of the stamps from Trim the Tree to make the backgrounds on these cards. I added stitched garlands to the light green tree and die cut the words 'fa la la' out of the dark green tree. I glued them to the front of the cards and added more decorations. On the plaid card I added a gold star and silver bauble garlands, along with the word 'Christmas' in a pretty script font on the sides. On the snowy card I used the inlaid die technique to add the word 'fa la la' in red mirri card. I also added a cute gold bow and some more decorations. On the inside of each card, I stamped a large greeting in bright red ink.


I'm submitting the snowy card to Jingle Belles - JB:20:24 where we should take inspirations from the blog's banner. I've picked the snowy background, the trees, red letters and glitter.



Before I go, here's a photo (sorry, it's not a great photo) showing how the shaped Christmas tree card stands up - I think it's very cute:


Just a quick warning - there are only four weeks' until Christmas! Yes, I'm not sure how that crept up on me either. If you want some ideas, we've got a fun Santa Claus theme over at Christmas 24Challenge and there's still time to join in with the challenge.

I've got to go through my Christmas card list and make sure all the addresses are up to date. I think that sending cards this year will be even more important than in past years. We've not been able to meet up with so many of our friends and family, so a card and letter is a great way of keeping in touch. That's all for now. See you again soon.

signature photo Signature.png

3 comments:

SmilynStef said...

You are rocking the Christmas Trees ... of course I am partial to the card that incorporated so many lovely elements from our Jingle Belles Banner ... so very glad you joined us for our Banner Holiday at Jingle Belles.

Lorraine said...

What a great idea to use the tree shape for your beautiful cards.

lauren bergold said...

such beautiful cards and a great take on several challenges! so pleased you could join our JINGLE BELLES fun!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...