Wednesday 4 November 2020

SHC - Quick and Easy Cards ...

.... Morning!! I'm here with my regular weekly post for Seven Hills Craft Blog. This week I've got several one-layer cards to share. I made all six cards in under an hour. I'll start with one of the larger (4½" × 6¼") cards:


Stamps: Concord & 9th - Painted Shapes, Painted Sayings
Inks: Versafine Clair - Cheerful, Summertime, Tulip Red, Charming Pink, Purple Delight, Nocture
Accessories: White Card

This card is super easy to make. I used the hexagon stamp (which has a slightly distressed image) and stamped (freehand) from the yellow to the purple. I added one of the bold sentiments from Painted Saying and on the inside I finished the message, and added a few more hexagons. So quick, so easy.



The next three cards are all stamped on cream cardstock (I've got a lot to use up) - two portrait and one landscape:




Stamps: Concord & 9th - Painted Shapes, Painted Sayings
Inks: Kaleidacolor - Desert Heat, Gina K - Soft Stone, Stormy Sky; Distress Oxide - Mustard Seed, Gina K - Wild Dandelion, Sweet Mango, Coral Reef; Distress Oxide - Crushed Olive, Memento - Bamboo Leaves, Cottage Ivy
Accessories: Cream Card

I really like the painted shapes stamps - I've done them here in bold colours, but they could equally well work in lighter shades. The sentiments are fun and look fabulous stamped in colour. I've left the insides blank for my messages. I suspect that some of these will end up going to Kat at university. I was having such fun, that I thought I'd have a go at using the same stamps to make a couple of Christmas cards:


Stamps: Concord & 9th - Painted Shapes, Painted Sayings, All the Merrys
Inks: Gina K - Whisper Amalgam, Versafine Clair - Tulip Red, Green Oasis, Nocturne
Accessories: White Card

I used the larger white cards here. On the portrait card I stamped the rectangle painted shape in a very soft grey and then used the two part Merry Christmas sentiment in the centre of the card. I kept to a simple and traditional red and green colour scheme. I used the tiny snowflake (confetti) stamp to add some texture. The landscape card is even more clean and simple. However, for this card I did use my stamp positioner to make sure that the stamped border was straight! I finished the front with a simple greeting. The insides are blank.

That's all from me today. See you again soon.

signature photo Signature.png

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...