Wednesday 18 November 2020

SHC - Friends and Christmas ....

... Hello! It's time for my weekly Seven Hills Craft post. I've made some quick and easy cards this week:


Stamps: Concord & 9th - Buds and Blossoms
Inks: Versafine Clair - Nocture, Summertime; Gina K - Passionate Pink
Accessories: White Card


This card is based on the sketch from the current CAS(E) this Sketch - CTS#398; it's been a while since I played along. I used two large sentiments in black ink, stamped the outline flower and then added some colour with the matching solid flower image. I also added some orange dots in the middle of the flower. This is ultra clean and simple and very quick. The inside is blank for my own message.


My next two cards use more of the smaller flower images from the stamp set:


Stamps: Concord & 9th - Buds and Blossoms
Inks: Versafine Clair - Nocture, Summertime, Cheerful, Charming Pink, Purple Delight
Accessories: Cream Card

The card on the left is 6¼" × 4½". I used my MISTI to make the card. I stamped the orange flower first, turned the card and stamped again in the opposite corner. I repeated this process with the yellow and purple flowers. I masked the yellow flowers and stamped them again in pink. I finished this card with a simple sentiment in the middle of the card. The card on the right is smaller at 5½" × 4¼" (a standard A2 card in the USA). Once again, I used the MISTI to stamp the card and create the floral background. I should have allowed the ink to dry more before adding the 'thank you' sentiment - you can see that the black ink has bled a little. Oh well, never mind, this is a handmade card! Once again the insides are blank for my message.

I'm submitting the 'Hello Friend' card to The Flower Challenge - TFC#50 where they want us to use a sentiment. The 'Thank you' card is being submitted to Never-Before-Used-Schtuff - NBUS#20 - this is a brand new set!!


I was having such fun with these cards, and they were so quick to make, that I decided to make a set of Christmas cards too:


Stamps: Concord & 9th - All the Merrys, Pinstripe Background
Inks: Versafine Clair - Green Oasis, Warm Breeze, Fantasia, Acorn, Tulip Red; Gina K - Key Lime, Sea Glass, Wild Wisteria, Sweet Mango, Innocent Pink; Memento - Tuxedo Black
Accessories: White Card

For the focal sentiment, I used the two-step 'Merry Christmas' stamps from All the Merrys. I stamped first in the light shade and then in a darker co-ordinating shade. I used the matching outline letters in black to define the words. Then I played. I used the Pinstripe background to add some decoration. I left the teal card ultra clean and simple with only the sentiment in the centre. I stamped diagonals on the top left and bottom right corners of the orange and green cards. On the lilac card I added diagonals all around the words. Finally, on the red card, I stampted diagonals on the top right and bottom left - first in pink and then shifted the card and added red stripes. The insides are blank. I think my two favourite cards are the teal and red ones. I'm submitting the teal card to the current CAS on Friday - CASOF#193 challenge where they want us to use a big sentiment.

That's all from me today. Have a good week. Take care and be safe.

signature photo Signature.png

2 comments:

sue t. said...

Deb- I love all your bold sentiment cards. So fun! Thanks for playing along with us at CAS on Friday!

Bobby said...

I love the repeat stamping in opposite corners, Deborah. The colors are so cheerful. Thanks for sharing that card with us at The Flower Challenge.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...