Saturday 10 December 2016

Christmas Candy ....

.... Hello! I hope you're all having a good weekend. I've been busy in my craft room this afternoon - still working on those few extra Christmas cards that I need. We're getting well into Christmas mode here at home - Jonathan has been playing his Christmas playlist - such fun and I've got a few decorations up. I still haven't put up the tree yet! Here's my card,filled with Christmas Candy:

Christmas Greetings - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Stamps: Waltzingmouse - Candy Jar Christmas Fillers, Say It Loud Winter Holiday; Winnie & Walter - The Big, The Bold & Merry
Inks: Versafine - Onyx Black; Memento - Tuxedo Black; Stampin' Up! - Real Red
Dies: Waltzingmouse - Sweetie Jar
Accessories: White Lustre Card; SU Card & DP - Real Red; Copics; Kaisercraft Pens; Sakura Pens; Zig Pens; Spectrum Noir - Sparkle Brush Clear; SU/Sizzix EF - Softly Falling




I'm submitting this card to Merry Monday - MM#225 where they want to see CANDY CANES. Also to Just Us Girls - JUGS#373 where the trend week is JARS, and at Happy Little Stampers CAS Challenge - HLSCASDec where we pick a favourite challenge from this year - I've gone for INLAID DIES.

I pulled out an old favourite set from Waltzingmouse Stamps. I think this little jar is adorable and you can fill it with candy canes, as I've done here, or with peppermint candies. I stamped the jar and cut it out with the matching die and then coloured the candy canes using a variety of pens - I do like the colours and sparkle. I cut a panel of red card slightly smaller than the base and adhered to the base. I cut a white panel smaller still, stamped the greeting and die cut the jar. I removed the jar and embossed the rest of the panel with "falling snow". I attached the panel to the card and used strong glue to replace the candy jar in the space. On the inside I cut a mat of red design paper and on the white panel added a greeting and some more candy canes!

Christmas Greetings inside - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's GemsChristmas Greetings sq - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

I took a close-up of the candy jar showing all the different candy canes and all the sparkle too! Sorry about the photos - it really is grey and has is now dark! I hate the early nights.


I've just realised that this card works for the current Inkspirational Challenge - INK#123 where the team wants a CAS card with sparkle - I think this counts! That's all for now.

signature

10 comments:

Marcia Hill said...

LOVE your jar filled with all those sparkly candy canes...just perfect for our challenge! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Merry Monday Deborah!! :0)

Theresa's Studio said...

Great card....very Sweet!

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

A very sweet card, Love it!

Bonnie said...

Pretty colored peppermint, Deborah! Love the added sparkle! Thanks for sharing with us at Merry Monday!

Judy Woodland said...

Oh my gosh, I just love the candy jar. I have not seen this image before and it's fabulous!!! Great card, great design, great take on the challenge. Thanks so much for playing along with us this week over at Just Us Girls!
Judy - Challenge Host

Lori Turner said...

Oh, Deborah, this jar filled with peppermint sticks flashed me back to my childhood! AWESOME image! Thanks for joining us at Merry Monday xoxoox

Valentyna Komisarenko said...

Such a sweet card, Deborah! Love those cute peppermint sticks. Thank you for joining Happy Little Stampers!

Chris Dring said...

What a fantastic card! Love the colorful candy canes and how they sparkle in that jar. Great job finishing the inside as well! Thanks for joining us this week at Just Us Girls!

Yvonne Garner said...

Love this! Thank you for sharing with us at Inkspirational!

BożenA said...

Great Christmas card. I like embossed background and the central image of the jar with Christmas goodies.
Thank you for sharing with us HLS CAS.
BozenA DT HLS

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...