Sunday 18 December 2016

AAA - Guest Designer ....

.... Good morning! I have the great pleasure of being Guest Designer over at AAA Cards today. The challenge is to make a CAS card featuring silver. I've made a much needed Christmas card for my stash. While CAS often means white space, it also means empty space and there's plenty of that here:


Stamps: Uniko - Originally Organic, Most Wonderful, Simply Said Christmas, Stunning Snowflakes
Inks: Versamark; Delicata - Shimmery Silver; Versafine - Onyx Black
Accessories: White Lustre Card; Stampin' Up Card - Basic Black; Silver Embossing Powder; Fintec - Silver Paint; Gems



As soon as I saw the challenge graphic I knew which stamps I would be using to make my card. I love Honesty seed heads, especially when they are covered with lots of frost and are sparkling in the winter sun! I used this lovely image from Originally Organic - a recent Uniko release. I stamped the image in Versamark and heat embossed it with silver powder. To add even more silver to the image I painted the seed heads and leaves with some shimmery silver paint. I finished the front of the card with a fun greeting and some gems for glitz! On the inside I cut the white panel slightly smaller than the card, stamped a simple greeting and added a few snowflakes.


I took a close up photo of the stamp showing the lovely shimmery silver paint!


I'd like to thank the AAA Cards Design Team for inviting me to join them as Guest Designer this week. It's been an honour and a pleasure. Do visit the AAA Cards blog to check out more inspiration from the Design Team.

signature

9 comments:

sandie said...

Great to have you as ur GD and a silver delight! Love you added extra paint for more glimmer x

Sazzle Dazzle said...

A beautiful and super stunning showcase of the originally organics set Debs, love the look against the black cardstock - makes a real winter feel and a perfect take on the challenge. Thanks for being our guest designer at AAA Cards, it's great to have you and hope you have a wonderful Christmas and New Year. Sarah xx

Greta said...

Stunningly beautiful & elegant, Deborah! You've inspired me!

Melissa L. said...

This is so very pretty, Deborah. I love your beautiful embossing and the oh, so lovely silver on black. Thanks for GDing for us at AAA Cards! :)

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

Congrats on your GDT spot! Wonderful card!!!! Will try to play along!

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

It's wonderful to have you as GD with us Deb! I love this black on silver creation. On Saturday where I live, it rained, then froze, and your beautiful creation reminds me of that beautiful sight. Wonderful CAS silvery composition.

Jenny Colacicco said...

Thank you for being our Gueat Designer and for creating such a simple and elegant card. I love that you used the photo as inspiration and the stamp set worked so well. By filling it in with silver paint you really managed to capture the translucency of the seed pods - beautiful. Jenny x

Coralynn Murray said...

Thanks so much for joining us for our Silver challenge. Your card is wonderful and I love the silver on the dark card stock. xx

Jane said...

Fabulous card, love that Uniko stamp anyway, but looks spectacular all silvered up. Thanks for being a.brilliant Guest Designer.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...