Thursday 23 October 2014

Thanksgiving wreath ....

... Hello all!  I hope you're all having a good week; mine's been great so far!  This morning I've a Thanksgiving card to share with you:

Happy Thanksgiving - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Stamps: Stampin' Up! - Wondrous Wreath, Tags 4 You, Mingle All The Way
Inks: SU - Cajun Craze, Pear Pizzazz, Crushed Curry, Early Espresso
Dies: SU/Sizzix - Wonderful Wreath Framelits; Lil Inkers - Stitched Squares #4
Accessories: Cream Lustre Card; SU Card - Pear Pizzazz; SU DP - Colour Me Autumn; SU Punch - Label Bracket; SU Candy Dots; WMS - Twine; Wink of Stella - Clear


I used the sketch from this week's Freshly Made Sketches - FMS#159 for the layout, although I turned to make a landscape card.  The colours are from Colour Throwdown - CTD#315 - they are just right for this time of year.  I used a sheet of design paper to cover the card.  I cut a square of green card and adhered it directly to the card.  I stamped the sentiment on cream card and cut it out with the matching punch.  To make the wreath I stamped first in Cajun Craze (second generation impression), next with Pear Pizzazz and finished with yellow berries.  Then I cut the wreath with the coordinating dies (it's really easy to do).  I stamped a yellow bow on cream card and punched it out.  I adhered the wreath and ribbon with dimensional tape.  Before attaching the sentiment, I looped some dark brown twine and used gel glue to adhere the tag.  I finished the front with some candy dots and some Wink of Stella on the wreath.  On the inside I cut a mat layer from the design paper and stamped another wreath on some cream card.  I finished off with the sentiment stamped in dark brown.

Happy Thanksgiving inside - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

I know that it's definitely autumn here now, I had the water sprinkler system winterised yesterday.  This still feels strange - it's not something we have to do in the UK, but winters here are so much colder that we really do have to make sure there is no water in the pipes otherwise it would be a disaster!  Oh yes, the other really big sign of autumn, not only have the leaves changed colour, but they really feel off the trees in the wind this week!  That's all for now.

signature

10 comments:

Karin said...

Love both of them! The one with the sentiment in the center is my favorite!

Sue Lelli said...

BEAUTIFUL colors and wreath and the wink of Stella adds so much OOOMPH!

laurie said...

I like BOTH cards...that's a great set, isn't it? I just love that wreath.

Barb Ghig said...

Such a pretty autumn card, Deborah! I love how you stamped the wreath on the inside as well, and the fall colors are so pretty! Adding the twine behind the sentiment is such a great touch, too!

Jeanne J. said...

I love the wreath. Lots of different colors that add so much depth.

Wanda Cullen said...

Love your beautiful fall versions of this wreath stamp set! Thanks so much for joining us this week at Color Throwdown!

Vickie Z said...

That wreath is gorgeous!! Love it....inside and out!

Cindy Hall said...

This is such a really fabulous card, both inside and out! Love how you used the sketch! Thank you for sharing with us at Freshly Made Sketches.

Tammy Hershberger said...

Pretty card... LOVE that wreath! Thanks for joining us for the Color Throwdown.

Jodi Collins said...

Oh! I love this wreath! A perfect fall card! Thanks for joining us at The Color Throwdown!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...