Saturday 4 October 2014

52CCT - Sketch ....

..... Hello!  Do you realise that it's only 12 weeks until Christmas!!  If you've not made a start on your Christmas cards, then now is the time to get cracking.  Here at 52 {Christmas} Card Throwdown we can help - each week we give you a prompt, a sketch, some colours, stash idea or a theme.  This month our hostess is Jacqueline, but we're using the prompts selected by Mynnette.  This week we have a sketch for you - here's my take:

Season's Greetings - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Stamps: Stampin' Up! - Curly Cute, Bright & Beautiful, Be the Star
Inks: SU - Lost Lagoon, Soft Sky, Pear Pizzazz; Versamark; Archival - Jet Black
Dies: SU/Sizzix - Star Framelits; Spellbinders - Squares Sm (S4-128) #5, Squares Lg (S4-126) #4 & 6
Accessories: White Lustre Card; SU DP - All Is Calm; SU Card - Lost Lagoon, Pear Pizzazz; Clear Embossing Powder; Vellum; Gems


My order of Christmas goodies from Stampin' Up! came earlier this week, so this was the perfect opportunity to get them out and play.  I'm playing along with Merry Monday - MM#128 to use polka dots and/or stripes; the new design pack, All is Calm, contains these fab striped and dotty papers - perfect!!  I used my square dies to cut a couple of mat layers and the dotty top layer.  I stamped the stars on to vellum.  I inked up the star images with Versamark then the colour, stamped, embossed  with clear powder and cut out with the matching die.  I adhered the bottom layer directly to the square and used a glue dot to add the smaller star and finished with a grey gem.  I stamped the sentiment directly on the card.  On the inside I cut a mat layer of green card.  On the white panel I stamped a pale blue star and Christmas greeting.  I've also taken a detail shot of the square panel.

Season's Greetings inside - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Season's Greetings detail - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Check out the 52 {Christmas} Card Throwdown blog to see more inspiration cards from the Design Team - don't forget to leave a comment!!  You've got plenty of time to join in with the challenge - I'm really looking forward to seeing what you make!  Bye for now.

signature

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is wonderful Deborah. The vellum stars are so pretty and I bet they look absolutely stunning in real life. Love all your attention to detail. Have a great weekend, hugs, Gill xx

Sarah Souza said...

Very pretty card. I like how you used the vellum!

Peanut said...

So pretty, Deborah.The vellum stars are lovely - what a great idea!
xxx Asha
p.s. only 12 weeks left? aaaargh!

Fabiola said...

elle est très belle Deborah, les étoiles j'adore, biz

Katie Melhus said...

So cute and fun, love the stars! Thanks for joining us this week at Merry Monday!

3treescreations@gmail.com said...

I just love the blue and green together - so pretty!! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Merry Monday.

Deanne :)

Pegcraftalot.blogspot.com said...

Oh the vellum looks superb and I'm loving those stars

AlisonC said...

A lovely, unusual Christmas card.

Ruth M said...

Such a soft and pretty starry card Deborah, love the vellum, the colours and the fun spots and stripes!
Ruth x

Carole said...

Lovely card, I love stamping on vellum too! C x

Jacqueline said...

I love vellum it's lovely to stamp on and you have done it beautifully - Jacqueline xx

Danielle Vincent said...

Oh yikes - only 12 weeks!!! How can that be?? Good thing we've been keeping up with our cards right Deborah? The vellum is definitely a hit on this gorgeous creation. Love your wintery color combo too. Hugs D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...