Thursday 2 October 2014

Halloween Greetings ....

... I've a Halloween card to share this morning - I've tried to make it a bit darker than some of my recent ones:

Halloween Greetings - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Stamps: Rick St Dennis Digi - Pumpkin Witch, Aliens & Mutants Sheet; Waltzingmouse - Spooky Tree Background, Vintage Witch; Stampendous - Halloween Diamonds
Inks: Distress - Mustard Seed, Milled Lavender, Dusty Concord, Chipped Sapphire, Faded Jeans, Stormy Sky; Versafine - Onyx Black; Memento - London Fog
Accessories: White Lustre Card; Black Card; Copic Markers; Wink of Stella Brush - Silver, Green, Orange


I'm submitting this card to the current A Step in the Dark Challenge - ASID#11 where the theme is Anything Goes, but with a dark twist.  I think this pumpkin witch is darker than the last two cards I made with her, here and here.  I created the background by stamping the spooky tree in Versafine, masking off an area for the moon and then blended lots of Distress inks to make a night sky.  I removed the mask and lightly blended over the moon to give it a glow.  I printed the images onto white card, coloured with Copic markers, fussy cut them out and then added some sparkle with Wink of Stella brushes.  I love the scary spider monster - I attached him directly to the card and used dimensional tape for the witch and sentiment.  On the inside I cut a mat layer of black and a panel of white card.  I distressed the edge of the white panel (to match the front of the card) and stamped some cobwebs, spiders and a greeting.

Halloween Greetings inside - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

I enjoy taking photos of the cards I make, but sometimes it can be really difficult to catch the sparkle and glimmer of glitter on cards.  Also, sunlight makes a huge difference to the photo.  I usually put cards on top of my craft cabinet where the light is really good, but it can sometimes be a little flat.  So l took another photo of with autumn sunlight shining directly on the card - much warmer, a little darker and in the close up you can really see the shimmer and sparkle.

Halloween Greetings sunlight - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's GemsHalloween Greetings detail - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

I'm off to check out today's lesson at Online Card Classes; I'm really enjoying the Copic Colouring lessons - see you soon!

signature

1 comment:

Donna Mosley said...

Great card Deborah, gorgeous colouring and design.

Donna x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...