Wednesday 20 July 2011

Sweets and treats ....

.... I really enjoy CAS-ual Fridays - they always give us such a fun challenge.  I missed last week - the unusual shaped cards had me beat!  However, this week the CAS-ual Fridays - CFC 11 challenge is one I can play - but I'm close to deadline!!!  They want us to make a clean and simple design that includes sweets and treats - cakes, ice-cream, cookies - what fun!!


I've got a sweet set of ice-cream stamps, sadly they've not seen much ink, so this is the perfect opportunity to get them out to play!  In my stash I found a DL card that has a scalloped edge and is pink - just right!  I stamped the ice-cream sundae twice onto plain white card and coloured with Promarkers.  I attached the ice-cream image to the lovely lotus pendant and layered the ice-cream topping and umbrella!  I added a bit of sparkle to the ice-cream and a cherry.  I had a few cherries fall around the base of the sundae glass - looks delicious!!  I ran a bright pink ribbon behind the pendant and stamped a simple birthday sentiment in the bottom corner.  Ice-cream sweet!


Stamps:  Woodware - Ice Cream Parfait
Spellbinders:  Lotus Pendant (S4-269)
Inks:  Memento - Tuxedo Black
Promarkers:  Pale Pink, Baby Pink, Pastel Yellow, Sunflower, Poppy, Forest Green, Walnut
Accessories:  Card and ribbon from stash




I've used our CR84FN34 colours (I've added a splash of red/green in the cherries) - see close up photo.  Do check out the blog and play along. 


That's all for now.  I'm off to the hospital with Mum this morning - regular blood test and then some shopping.  And Kathryn wants to join the reading scheme being run at the local library.  It's going to be a fun and busy morning.  Hopefully, it'll be a dry one!!  See you later.

15 comments:

Pauline said...

Great card Deborah, that ice cream looks scrumptious!

A Consuming Passion said...

Fabulous card Deborah!!! Love pink.....

Tara Cardwell said...

Yummy looking card Deborah :-) That die is a beauty - not seen it before.
Tara x

JJ Bolton said...

Your sundae looks delicious! Love the little umbrella! And I have a weakness for that bright pink:)

Michele Gross said...

Very fun! Love the bright pops of color and the fun design of your card! Glad you played along at CAS-ual Fridays!

Buffy said...

Super card Debs! Great colours

Jenny said...

Lovely card Deborah, the die cut doily is a great background for the ice cream...I have these stamps and don't use them enough :)
Jenny x

Paula (PEP) said...

Very effective - especially with the lotus pendant giving the semblance of a doily.
Paula (PEP)

Ginny said...

LOVE this card...great design. Also, thanks for your sweet comment on the Colour Q win...your comment was how I learned I had won. I was totally stunned!. I'm really enjoying looking at your blog.

Anonymous said...

Love that element behind the focal image, which looks rather yummy! Great use of bright colors too :) Thanks for playing this week at CAS-ual Fridays!

Vicky Hayes said...

Now that's what I call a summer treat! Yum!

Jaclyn Miller said...

A great, bright and fun card! That drink looks divine. :) Thank you so much for playing along with CAS-ual Fridays this week!

Virginia L. said...

So GOOD to hear that you are enjoying the CAS-Fridays challenge, Debbie! Your work is always delightful! I adore the colors and that intricate lotus pendant! Thanks so much for playing with us at CAs-ual Fridays!

Laura Davis said...

YUM!!
Thanks for playing at CAS-ual Fridays!
hugs
Laura

Beverly Montez said...

This is totally cute! I could go for that sundae about now with all this heat.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...