Sunday 24 July 2011

Laughter .....

.... once again Colour Q have come up with really vibrant colours for their challenge - cQc94 - orange, green, yellow, raspberry and white!! Wow!  And I love the inspiration picture - really unusual ice-lolly shapes!

While I really adore these colours, I decided to go for a clean and simple look with a white base and colour accents.

I've used my nesties to cut out a number of shapes from Stampin' Up! card stork - so the colours are correct!  I don't have the shade of green named in the list, so I've substituted Garden Green and I've used my ink to incorporate that into the card.



The card layout is based on sketch FTL149 from Clean and Simple Stamping - and I've been quite faithful to the sketch too.
 

Stamps: Stampin' Up! - En Francais; Hero Arts - "L"
Inks:  Stampin' Up! - Garden Green
Spellbinders:  Dahlia (S4-191) dies # 1, 2, 3; Fleur de Lis Border (S4-213)
Accessories:  Card from stash

Yesterday's performance of Bugsy Malone was amazing!  The children were much more comfortable in their roles and they gave fantastic performances.  We all enjoyed the show - and I know I'm biased, but Kathryn really is a star! :)  What's even nicer is that the weather has been lovely for the last couple of days - we're in danger of having a summer.  Yippee!!

Mum has arrived home safely - they called when they got in - a really quick run down too.  Mum had a good rummage through my card stash and has taken quite a supply with her - which gives me a great reason to make more - thanks mum!!  Enjoy the rest of the weekend!

14 comments:

G Peplow said...

Hi Deborah, Pretty card and really quite faithful to the colours and design of the challenge, well done:0) I'm glad all went well yesterday and that you enjoyed the performance, hooray for some sunshine LOL Gay xxx

jimlynn said...

Very pretty! Love the colors and sketch you used for it.
Lynn

Sylvia said...

Such a lovely card, Deborah! I am late getting around this week, but always enjoy seeing your card. Thanks for joining us at the ColourQ this week.

Stamps and Paper said...

Just love your take on this card plan Deborah, such vibrant colours,gorgeous card.

Anne

kasia c. said...

Beautiful! I love that script banner. Beautiful take on this weeks colours! Thanks for playing along. :)

Donna Mosley said...

A very lovely card Deborah, love the colours and CAS design.

Donna x

Jenny said...

Lovely card Deborah, you've used the colours well. I'm not sure about these colours they are a bit bright for my liking so probably sit this one out:)
Jenny x

McCrafty's Cards said...

A really lovely card Deborah, I like the colours and the design.
Kevin xx

McCrafty's Cards said...

A really lovely card Deborah, I like the colours and the design.
Kevin xx

Pauline said...

Lovely CAS card Deborah, the colours are quite tricky and you've done a fab job with them!

Vicky Hayes said...

This is a lovely interpretation of the FTL sketch. I like the way you went for splashes of those bright colours instead of block colour.

Glad the show went well again. The skies have turned blue here too and I've forgotten what to wear in the sunshine!

Jackie said...

Beautiful card and colours :o)
Jackie xx

Clare said...

Great card, love the colour combo and script.

Paula (PEP) said...

That forked ribbon element is superbly carried with your graphic interpretation & your use of those colours very interesting indeed.
Paula (PEP)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...