Monday 14 February 2011

Easter eggs ...

... that's what I thought when I saw this week's sketch from Waltzingmouse Sketch challenge - WMSC34.  The colour inspiration is from this week's CR84FN colour - fresh, zingy and Spring colours.

 












To make the two largest eggs, I painted Twinkling H2Os onto plain white card, then stamped in Versamark two images from the Nestie Eggs set.  I clear embossed both images.  Using plain water I lifted some of the colour from the eggs to reveal the beautiful designs. The little yellow egg was stamped with Versamark and embossed with pale yellow EP, and then rubbed over with distress ink to reveal the engraved design.  I stamped the basket vase directly onto the card, masked it and then stamped the flower trellis pattern in yellow.  The flowers were stamped onto white card and coloured with Promarkers.  The final steps were to mount the eggs in descending order of size and add a suitable greeting.  I love this card!!



You should know that this is the third take on the card - it was only after I put the card together that I realised the pattern details weren't very clear, so step 1 was to remove colour from the blue and green eggs.  Then I decided to add a little definition to the yellow egg!  I had to do all this very, very carefully!! See pictures below to see what I mean.


 












Stamps:  Waltzingmouse - Nestie Eggs, Spring Baskets, Pic-Nic Patterns
Inks:  Memento - Rich Cocoa, Tuxedo Black, Bahama Blue, Dandelion;  Distress - Shabby Shutters
Spellbinders:  Nested Eggs (S4-264) dies #6, 4 and 3
Promarkers:  Walnut, Terracotta, Tan, Canary, Yellow, Lemon
Twinkling H2Os: Mediterranean Blue, Lemongrass
Accessories: Embossing powder, card, gems from stash

I think the CR84FN colours are perfect for such a bright and cheerful Easter card - I'm really pleased how this turned out!! 

Now a complete change of topic, last night Jonathan and I went to see Black Swan - as we've both got other plans for tonight!!  If you haven't seen it - try to make time.  It's a wonderful film.  Natelie Portman is magnificent - I think she'll walk off with the Oscar!!  And we've been watching the BAFTAs too - I think there are a few films I must try to see - The King's Speech, Inception (but I have that on DVD), The Fighter and Four Lions.  Well, I'll have plenty to keep my occupied while Jonathan is in India!!

I've got a busy day lined up today - craft class is back (the roof has been repaired) and I can tell the girls all about my wonderful Valentine's present.  My husband is lovely to me - he's got me a Grand Calibur and some dies to go with it!!!!  How lucky am I?  I can't wait to play with it!!!  That's all for now - call back later to check out some more cards.

8 comments:

Pauline said...

Oooh deborah you lucky thing getting a grand caliber!! Love your card too, the colours are so fresh and zingy this week at CR84FN!

Jackie said...

Lovely card, full of zest :o)
Jackie xx

Buffy said...

Fabulous card, love the new spellbinder. I think you have used both challanges wonderfully.

Mona Pendleton said...

Beautiful card Deborah! Spring has sprung in your corner of the world! LOVE it! Thanks for playing along with the WMSC and making another sweet card for this week's CR84FN challenge :)

Jen Cuthbertson said...

I love the emboss resist you worked on the eggs - those patterns are so pretty and look just like real Easter eggs! Thank you for playing with us at WMSC this week!

Julia Aston said...

This is SO cute Deborah! I love those eggs!

Paula (PEP) said...

This sketch intrigues me & I love your interpretation. Those colours are rather fun - might have to tackle colour challenges in a different vein to what I thought. I don't know how you manage so many cards - I take forever with just one! Hope you've had fun with your Grand Calibur. Love your use of the Pic-Nic Patterns - that's a stamp set that has caught my eye.
Paula (PEP)

Stella said...

These aggs are very special..... I love eggs ( cooked, baked :) but these eggs...my oh my they are fabulous!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...