Saturday 5 December 2015

52CCT - Pick a Previous ....

... Morning everyone!  It's the first Saturday in December and that means it's time for our new challenge at 52 {Christmas} Card Throwdown.  Now, we know that December is a very busy month for everyone as we sort out preparations for the big day.  So our challenge this month is

PICK A PREVIOUS 2015 CHALLENGE

I couldn't make up my mind which challenge to pick, but finally settled on a previous Stash Challenge - to use Markers (February 2015).  Here's my card:

Christmas Greetings - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Stamps: Waltzingmouse - Around Christmas Time, Compliments of the Season
Inks: Versamark; Stampin' Up! - Real Red; Brilliance - Galaxy Gold
Dies: Spellbinders - Lotus (S4-269), Circles Lg (S4-114) #5
Accessories: White Lustre Card; SU DP - Real Red; Gold Embossing Powder; Copic Markers; Glitters


One of my favourite stamps is this large round image of Santa from Waltzingmouse.  I stamped it with Versamark, embossed with gold powder, cut it out with a circle die and colour his hat with Copic markers.  I added lots of glitter to the image, using a different type on his beard, the hat and the bell.  I layered the finished image on a doily cut from red design paper.  I stamped the sentiment directly on the card and finished with a few snowflakes in gold.  A clean, simple Christmas card, and it's flat which means it's easy to post.  An important consideration for me!  On the inside I cut a mat layer of red design paper and on the white panel stamped a Christmas greeting and more gold snowflakes.  I've also taken a close-up of the image showing all the glittery sparkle!!

Christmas Greetings inside - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's GemsChristmas Greetings detail - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

The theme over at Curtain Call Inspiration - CCICDec  this time is Dear Santa - and I think this counts, so I'm playing along with them this week.  As I've got some snowflakes on the card, I'm also playing along with CAS-ual Fridays - CFC#146 where the team want to see snowflakes.  There really are some on the card!

Do visit our blog to see what the rest of the team have made to inspire you.  The challenge will run for two weeks and the deadline for submission is midnight (GMT) Friday 18th December, that's 7.00pm EDT for those of us in the States.

I've another post for you later today - Day 3 of the 12 Days of Creepmas Blog Hop - I've a real Santa treat for you!!!  See you soon.

signature

8 comments:

Anita in France said...

So festive and fun, Deborah ... love that Santa ornament with all the shimmery gold and fabulous sparkly beard and hat! Anita :)

Melody said...

Cute! Love the gold! Thanks for playing with us at the Curtain Call Inspiration Challenge.

Fabiola said...

super joli Deborah, les couleurs sont lumineuses et le père noël est très moderne, biz

Leigh Penner said...

What a fun image! Great take on the inspiration photo!

Claire said...

I've always loved that Santa image and procrastinated for ages on whether to buy it! It looks fabulous embossed in the gold and I love how you've done the sparkly beard. Thanks for playing along at CAS-ual Fridays Deborah!

Patricia Hays said...

That lotus die is really cool! It frames the Santa image perfectly.

Shelly said...

This is fabulous!! Thanks for joining us at CAS-ual Fridays!

Tanja said...

fabulous Christmas card - love the gold embossing and I loved being on the team with you - Merry Christmas

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...