Saturday 4 October 2014

WMSFC - Anything Goes ....

....  Hello again!  I'm back with our new challenge at Waltzingmouse Fanatics - WMSFC#28 and, as it's World Card Making Day, we've decided to go for a simple theme:

ANYTHING GOES

So you can go wild - you can make cards, scrapbook pages, 3D projects, art journal pages - whatever you fancy, BUT you MUST use at least ONE WALTZINGMOUSE stamp, sentiment or digi.  I've kept to a card - I need lots of Christmas cards to mail out, so I've added to my collection using some of Claire's new stamps:

A Snowman - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Stamps: Frosty in the Meadow, Woodgrain, Alpine Village
Inks: Stampin' Up! - Pear Pizzazz, Sahara Sand; Versafine - Onyx Black
Accessories: White Lustre Card; Kaisercraft DP - Mistletoe; Copic Markers


I love, love these new sets from Claire - they are so easy to colour and, as I've done here, to paper piece.  I stamped the image onto four different papers from the Kaisercraft pack and then cut out bits and layered the image.  I added a bit of dimension by colouring some shadows with my Copic markers.  I'm submitting this card to the current Jingle Belles challenge - JB:14:20 to use at least three different design papers (done) and to CAS(E) this Sketch! - CTS#95.  I have taken the liberty of flipping the sketch to fit my design.  On the inside I used some more of the design paper to make a mat and on the white panel I went wild and created a snowy forest with a sentiment too.

A Snowman inside - photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Before I go - I would you to join me in welcoming Kathy (Cherwell Lys Alpacas) to the Waltzingmouse Fanatics design team.  Kathy has been a regular player since Tara and I started the challenge.  Kathy often makes more than one card each time too - do check out her card and welcome her to the team.  Submission deadline is Thursday 16th October, 10.00pm BST (5.00pm EDT).  Have a really fun day - whatever you are doing!  See you soon.

signature

7 comments:

Desire Fourie said...

Stunning creations and I love the paper piecing on the first. Happy World Cardmaking Day 2014!
Hugs
Desíre
{Doing Life – my personal blog}

Sarah G said...

Wonderful designs, Deborah! Love the paper piecing on the snowman and the way you have used the woodgrain stamps to ground him. The quirky trees look wonderful on the second card too! Looking forward to playing along :)

SmilynStef said...

Lovin' that paper pieced hat ... and the plaid cardinal is fantastic ... so very glad you joined us at Jingle Belles.

Leigh Penner said...

Wonderful cards!

lauren bergold said...

oh wow, that paperpieced snowman is soooooooooo very handsome and what a great job combining patterns (& challenges) for maximum awesomeness! so happy you could join our JINGLE BELLES fun! <3

Becca Cruger said...

Really cool paper piecing! Congrats on your top pick! It was well-deserved!

Unknown said...

Love the new stamps from Waltzingmouse. Your work on the snowman to paper piece is wonderful.
A lovely card.
Kathy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...