Saturday 30 November 2013

52CCT - Warm Winter wishes ....

...  Good morning!  We have a fifth Saturday in November which means that this week Louise has a "Pick a Previous" challenge for 52 {Christmas} Card Throwdown, and she has picked THEMES - you can select any of the themes that we have used this year.  Can you guess which theme I picked?

Warm Winter Wishes - Photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Stamps: Waltzingmouse - Festive Foliage; Uniko Studio - Stunning Snowflakes, Background Builders Christmas; Stampin' Up! - Sassy Salutations
Inks: Memento - Tuxedo Black; SU - Gumball Green, Real Red
Dies: Waltzingmouse - Holly Dies
Accessories: SU Card - Gumball Green; White Lustre Card; Cuttlebug EF - Winter Wonderland; SU Marker - Gumball Green


 Yes, you're absolutely right - I picked Holly which was our theme challenge in August.  I used the sketch from this week's Freshly Made Sketches - FMS114 for the layout.  I combined stamps from several companies to make the card, love the way they all work together perfectly.  I stamped the row of holly using the background builder stamps and for the second line I simply used a ruler and marker pen.  I'm so glad that Claire (Waltzingmouse Stamps) has introduced dies to her collection - it made cutting out the holly leaves and berries so, so easy.  I embossed some scrap card to add interest to the vertical panel and layered it onto green card.  I finished the front with this lovely sentiment.  On the inside I cut a mat layer in green and on the white card I stamped a bold sentiment as well as more holly!

Warm Winter Wishes inside - Photo by Deborah Frings - Deborah's Gems

Don't forget to check out the inspiration cards from the rest of the team and see which themes they opted to use!  Can't wait to see what you make.  Bye for now.

9 comments:

Beverley said...

Oh this is stunning & perfectly CAS. Hugs Bev x

Louise van Vuren said...

I'm so glad you chose holly! That is a beautiful stamp and I know what you mean about dies! A really beautiful and very CAS card - I love it!

Louise xx

Michelle said...

I love the holly, Deborah! Beautiful card!

Linda Suarez said...

Gorgeous Deborah! I love the traditional Christmas colors with lots of white! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

Mynn xx said...

First off, LOVE the blog design! I'm sorry if you've had it a while, I'm just slow...it looks amazing! ;) Secondly, beautiful card--I adore the CAS feel of it! HUGS and hope you have a great week! :) Mynn xx

Rita W said...

Such a stunning card. I love the holly! Fabulous take on the sketch. Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches.

Danielle Vincent said...

This is so pretty Deborah. I love the holly - great choice.

Darnell said...

I just saw this beautiful card was a well-deserved winner over at FMS, Deborah! Congratulations! I haven't been by your blog for a while because of the Thanksgiving holiday and I have to tell you, I LOVE what you've done to the place!! Hugs, Darnell

Patricia Hays said...

I love the clean and simple look of your card (and your blog now that you've made it over)! The traditional red and green look fantastic against the crisp white.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...