Thursday 18 August 2011

So busy ....

... in my craft room yesterday afternoon and evening - but sadly I can't share any of those cards with you yet - they are all cards for CR84FN and St Luke's Charity Card Challenge.  What I can tell you is that both challenges have great colours and themes coming up - I think I'd better stop teasing now! :)

However, I did manage to make a card for Flutter by Wednesday - FBW167 - a challenge that I really like, but for some reason I've not done for ages.  I thought it was time to fix that!  The card must feature an angel, fairy or butterfly, and this week we must also use die-cuts or punches.  I've gone for a soft, pretty card and mine features a butterfly.  I've used papers from Pink Petticoat, a die-cut and pretty bow! 


Stamp:  Butterfly stamp - don't know the manufacturer
Ink:  Versamark; Distress - Worn Lipstick
Accessories:  Marianne Die - LR0152, Pink Petticoat Paper free with Quick Cards, Ribbon and card from stash

Now, some of you may be aware that I have issues with bows.  I find it really difficult to make them neat and tidy, and to get the tails to lie flat!   Jeanne J, one of my new followers, kindly pointed me in the direction of Becca Feeken and a wonderful tutorial she's made about how to do bows!!  It's brilliant and I highly recommend it.  This one turned out beautifully first time!  But I think I need to make a peg board like hers!!!!

My visit to the physio yesterday was excellent.  She was very pleased with the progress I've made - my knee feels so much better.  I did have to run through a few exercises with her - and I must get back to doing them regularly.  As I've been walking around with no problems, I'd sort of stopped doing the exercises, but she tells me that it's important to continue - so I will.

Jonathan has been busy working at home - I like having him working at home with us.  Kathryn has been very good and doesn't disturb him during worktime, but lunchtime is fair game :)  Since coming home Jonathan has been catching up on photo shoots - both with the Camera Club (last night) and at local studios. 

Today is going to be busy - Kathryn and I both have lots of tidying to do.  I've got to get the house ready for visitors, and Kathryn has to tidy her room as her cousin will be sharing her room.  My Aunt and her granddaughter will be arriving on Friday afternoon and that means I won't be able to play in my craft room.  But it'll be great to see the family.

Hopefully, I'll have a couple of cards to share with you later today.  And before I go - I'd like to say hello and welcome to Maja - a new Blog Friend.  So glad you joined me.  I'd also like to say thank you to everyone who has left me such lovely comments recently - I do read all the comments left, they are much appreciated - thank you!

See you later.

19 comments:

McCrafty's Cards said...

Beautiful card Deborah, I love that butterfly.
Kevin xx

Tara Cardwell said...

Elegant and wonderfully feminine Deborah. I'm off to check out that bow tutorial......

Have fun with your family.

Tara x

Jackie said...

Veru pretty card, lovely flutterby :o)
Jackie xx

Yvette said...

Thanks for you comment on my card Deborah :-). I think your card is really pretty and i love your butterfly. I will be having a good look round your blog and will be following you in future :-)

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous! I love the butterfly and the overall elegant feel of your card!
xx Suz

Heather Rogers said...

Sounds like you will be quite busy. I love this pretty card and your beautiful bow. Luckily the bows are the easy part for me...but the stitching isn't so much. :)

Have a wonderful time with your visitors. :)
Hugs~

Sasha said...

A beautiful summery card Deborah. Your butterfly looks fab!

Your butterfly stamp is by Creative Stamping. I have it, so checked it out, and it also has 2003 etched into the wood. That's soooo scary, because I can remember buying it at the Great Northern Stamp Show, Royal Armories, Leeds, and it doesn't seem like 8 years ago.

Harriet Skelly said...

Your card is absolutely beautiful! I am glad you joined us at Flutter By Wednesday! Thank you for your comment on my blog - it is much appreciated!

Jean Addis said...

Stunning card! The soft colors and beautiful details make it look so elegant!

Sharron aka Sharrahug said...

Such a lovely card, Deborah! Very pretty!
Sounds like you're going to be quite busy at your house this week. Enjoy your family.
Thanks a bunch for dropping by my blog. Hope to see you again soon.
Huggies ~
Sharron♥

Paula (PEP) said...

thought I recognized that stamp - I have the closed one.
Link is http://www.creative-expressions.uk.com/products/detail.php?pid=HH272J
Love your embossing of it & how soft it looks.
Paula (PEP)

Patrice said...

the vellum butterfly is gorgeous!

Clare said...

SO pretty, love that butterfly!!

Stella said...

Al beautiful combo of a square and a circle. The idea to use the same colors for the big flowers is lovely. And your butterfly...the icing on the cake; goregous!
Fab bow! :)

Joanne Leddy said...

A beautiful card Deborah! The colors are lovely together and that butterfly is simply gorgeous. (I love the delicate wings.) I'd be proud of that bow too ... nicely done! Have fun with all your relatives - sounds as though you'll have a houseful of joy!

Danni said...

So soft and delicate! Very pretty! thank you for playing along with my flutter by challenge!

Michelle said...

very pretty - thank you for the sweet comments on my blog. I'm glad you found time to join us at FBW this week! Keep fluttering :D

Unknown said...

Love that Butterfly!

Pauline said...

I just love this, the paper and the sweet butterfly fluttering about, just gorgeous!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...