Monday 19 February 2024

Great-Nephew's Birthday

..... Good morning!! It's been a while - February is flying by. I'm here today to share the card that I've made for my great-nephew, he'll be 5 years old tomorrow.


Stamps: My Mind's Eye - Boy Crazy; Lawn Fawn - Happy Happy Happy; Mama Elephant - Mixed Wishes Greetings
Inks: Gina K - Red Hot, Blue Raspberry, Wild Dandelion; Versafine - Onyx Black; Versafine Clair - Nocturne
Accessories: White Card; The Greetery - Pinwheel Party Stencils; Copics; Clear Embossing Powder; Lakeland - Foil Number

I'm submitting this card to the following challenges: CAS Colours & Sketches - CASC&S#530, Time Out Challenge - TOC#257, and CAS on Friday - CASOF#277 where the theme is male/boy.




I had such fun making this card. I started by stencilling the red and blue pinwheels directly onto the A2 note card. I used my MISTI to stamp the robot onto white card. I removed the image, coloured it with Copic markers, returned it to the MISTI and stamped with Versafine ink and heat embossed with clear powder. I then carefully fussy cut out the robot and edged the image with a black marker. I added a simple birthday greeting and a large bright yellow '5' at the top of the card.


I cut a piece of white card for the inside - I lightly brushed on red ink around the edge. I stamped the robot at the bottom left and added a simple birthday verse along with some yellow elements.


I'm heading to the local post box shortly to get this card in the post - I had thought that Elijah's birthday was next Tuesday, but in fact it's tomorrow!!! I hope he likes the cute robot - it's a favourite of mine for kids cards. That's all for now - see you soon. 

signature photo Signature.png

6 comments:

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

What a bright and cheerful card Deborah. He will love it.

Jeanne said...

This is such a happy card! Perfect for a child's birthday. Thanks for joining us this week at CC&S!

Laura said...

So fun Deborah! Love the robot!
Thanks for playing at CAS Colours and Sketches!

Kate said...

Gorgeous design Deb - bet your great nephew was thrilled! Thanks for coming to our 10th birthday party at Time Out Challenges! Looking forward to seeing you in the gallery again soon!
Hugs, Kate (DT Time Out Challenges)!

Quillish said...

I really love the festive birthday vibes on this ! A great card for a boy! I am always on a look out for such cards - with an almost 9 yr old son. These are some of my most made cards. Thank you so much for joining Time out challenges 10th birthday celebrations! Hugs ~ Ishani <3

Nancy said...

This is such a fun card!!! I just love it! Thanks for playing along with us at Time Out Challenges and at CAS on Friday!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...