Thursday 22 February 2024

Floral Birthday Postage Card

... Hello! I've got a birthday card to share with you this morning. This was inspired by Gina K's recent video, although the only Gina K products on the card are the inks!! Here's the card:


Stamps: Altenew - Enjoy Life, Just a Number; Waffle Flower - Postage Collage Fall, Postage Collage; The Greetery - Sentiment Suite Birthday
Inks: Gina K - Lemon Drop, Light Lilac, Medium Lilac, Dark Lilac, Applemint, Lucky Clover; Versafine Clair - Nocturne
Dies: Waffle Flower - A2 Postage Collage Die 
Accessories: White Card; Stencils - Waffle Flower Postage Collage Colouring Stencil, Altenew Enjoy Life; Copic Markers

I'm submitting this to Color Hues - CH#81 to use Lilac and Mint, to The Flower Challenge - TFC#88 - to add a heart, and to Never-Before-Used-Schtuff - NBUS#59 - the Postage Collage stencil and stamps have not been used before.



I have the Waffle Flowers postage collage collection and not really used it much. I was watching Gina K's release video where she made a postage stamp card with one of her flower stencils - I loved it. So I decided to use that as the inspiration and mix and match my existing stamps, dies, stencils, etc. I started by cutting the A2 postage collage die in white card. I added masking magic tape to cover the dots and stitched lines and using the first part of the collage colouring stencil, I lightly inked in pale yellow around the edges to define the 'stamps'. I then stamped the floral image onto the panel and used the matching stencils to add colour. I removed the masking magic and using a variety of stamps added words, images and prices to the 'stamps'. I created the border on the A2 note card by using Waffle Flower's Postage Collage Colouring stencil - first in green, then in lilac. I adhered the postage stamp panel to the front of the card.


For the inside, I cut a piece of white card slightly smaller than the note card. I lightly inked the edges of the panel with lilac ink. I stamped a fun greeting in the middle of the panel, and stamped the floral image again and coloured it with Copic markers.


This card is for my aunty Sue. She has her birthday on Saturday - and I'm safe to share it here now as Sue doesn't look at my blog! To be honest, not sure any of my family look at my blog. That's all for today - I'm off to the post office now. See you all soon.

signature photo Signature.png

6 comments:

Karen said...

My postage set has been ordered, but has not yet arrived. What I love about it is its versality, and you've showcased that beautifully by using images from multiple companies! Iris do seem to lend themselves to a Lilac and Green color challenge. Thanks for sharing this lovely card with us at Color Hues!

Stef Perry said...

What a delightful card! It is a wonderful technique, stenciling with masking so it goes only where you want it and the results are beautiful! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Color Hues!

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

A lovely card Deborah, love the images inside the stamp shapes. x

Julie B said...

Love the look of the postage set and you've done a great job to produce such an eye catching card with it. Your blooms are a great way to incorporate the Color Hues colours, thanks for being inspired. :)

Nancy said...

Hello Deborah, I am just trying so hard to not purchase this amazing Waffle Flower set but as you know it is so popular and we see it everywhere. You have done an exceptional job and I am not sure I can refrain any longer. Love how you incorporated our colors in the background as well. Thanks so much for playing at Color Hues.

Vicky Hayes said...

Just lovely Deborah - this postage stamp die is a real keeper! Love the different stamps you made with your technique. Thank you for coming to play at The Flower Challenge! Vicky x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...