Friday 25 November 2022

SHC - Birthday Cards for my Great Nephew

.... Morning. It's time for my Seven Hills Craft blog post. This week I've got a couple of birthday cards to share. My great-nephew, Nico-Lewis, will be 6 years old in December and I decided to make his cards early and get them in the post - hopefully they'll arrive on time and beat the postal strike!! Here's the first card:


Stamps: Concord & 9th - Make Some Noise, Yay for Birthdays
Inks: Gina K - Bubblegum Pink, Lipstick, Tangerine Twist, Wild Dandelion, Lucky Clover, Ocean Mist, Blue Raspberry, Wild Wisteria, Dark Lilac; Versafine Clair - Nocturne
Dies: C&9 - Make Some Noise
Accessories: White Card; Copic Markers



This was such fun to make. I used the Make Some Noise dies to cut all the pieces to make the noisemakers - I used white card for all the pieces. I coloured the pieces with Copic markers. I used the instructions on the back of the pack to assemble the noise makers. I used one of the greetings from the matching stamp set. This is a two-step image - with one of the stamps having the words 'happy, happy' directly above the letters - as I wanted to stamp each letter in a different colour, I carefully cut the 'happy, happy' words off the letters. I stamped the word 'birthday' in rainbow colours and then added a rainbow confetti border around the edge of an A2 notecard. I finished the front by adhering the two noisemakers to the card. Inside, I cut a piece of white card slightly smaller than the A2 notecard. On it I stamped a greeting in black and added some more rainbow confetti.


I made another card - this one will be going to Nico-Lewis from his Grand-Nanna:


Stamps: Concord & 9th - Out of this World, Yay for Birthdays; MFT - Bitty Birthday Wishes
Inks: Gina K - Wild Dandelion, Blue Lagoon, Key Lime, Medium Orchid; Versafine Clair - Nocturne
Dies: C&9 - Out of this World
Accessories: White Card; Silver Matte Card; Copic Markers; Clear Aqua Shimmer Brush

I'm submitting this card to CAS Colours & Sketches - CASC&S#497 where they have a sketch for us to use. I'm also playing along with Happy Little Stampers Birthday Challenge - HLSBC#11.


I cut a piece of card 5½" square, placed it on my stamping jig and stamped the starscape with four different inks. I trimmed the panel to fit on the front of an A2 notecard. Before adding the panel to the notecard, I stamped on a simple birthday greeting in black ink. I die cut the spaceship body from silver matte card and the other pieces from white card which I coloured with Copic markers. Once assembled, I added the spaceship to the notecard. I finished the front by adding a touch of sparkle to the windows and flames. Inside the card, I cut a mat layer of silver card. On the white panel I added a fun greeting a some stars.


I think these stamp and dies set are such fun - they make cards perfect for children, both boys and girls. But to be honest, I think they're going to work for my son Ben - he'll be 27 in January!!!

That's all from me today. Thanks so much for stopping by. See you again soon.

signature photo Signature.png

1 comment:

Cécile RIBON said...

What a super fun and cheery birthday card! Thanks so much for joining us at CC&S this week.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...