Wednesday 9 November 2022

SHC - Birthday Confetti

... Morning!! It's time for my weekly Seven Hills Craft blog post. This week's post is a bit special as the birthday card I made is for Tara - owner of Seven Hills Crafts. Here's the card:


Stamps: C&9 - Yay for Birthdays
Inks: Gina K - Powder Blue, Wild Dandelion, Tomato Soup, Kraft, Peach Bellini, Sandy Beach, Blue Denim; Versafine Clair - Nocturne
Dies: C&9 - Yay for Birthday, Simply You
Accessories: White & Black Card; C&9 Turnabout Stencil - Confetti Dots; Glitter

I'm submitting this card to Cupcake Inspirations Challenge - CIC#556 where the theme is Anything Goes, and also to Sunday Stamps Challenge - SSC#295 where they have a colour challenge.


I took a piece of white card 5½" square, placed it in the centre of my jig and put it in the corner of my MISTI. I put mark on one corner of the Turnabout stencil and then placed it on top of the card and jig. I then applied the yellow ink. Then, instead of turning the card and jig as I would with turnabout stamps, I simply turned the stencil through 90 degrees and repeated the process with the remaining inks. I used a scallop and stitch edge die to cut a panel from this stencilled piece. I also die cut a piece of black card which I cut diagonally and adhered the two pieces behind the panel - creating a black shadow layer. I adhered the whole piece to the front of an A2 note card. I stamped a birthday greeting at the bottom of the panel. I die cut the cupcake from white card and used the matching stamps to add colour to the pieces. I die cut some extra cupcakes onto which I layered the inked cupcake. I adhered the finished cupcake to the card and added a touch of glitter. Inside the card, I cut a mat layer of black card. On the white panel I stamped a birthday greeting and some confetti exploding from the greeting.


Provided Royal Mail was working okay, Tara should have received this card yesterday - on her actual birthday. If not, this is a surprise!! 

I'd like to thank everyone who has left comments on my blog - I really do appreciate each and every one. That's all for now. See you again soon.

signature photo Signature.png

5 comments:

dj said...

While most saw a fall theme with our colors...you saw a birthday theme and I love it!! Way to go giving our Autumn Bounty a celebratory twist!! So very creative!! Thanks for play along with us over at Sunday Stamps!! #SS295

Nora Noll said...

This is so cute. I love that polka dot background and the sparkle on the cupcake. Thank you for joining us at Cupcake Inspirations Challenge.

Nora
DT CIC

Erin said...

What a cheerful birthday card! The scalloped edge is really cute and I love the decorated inside also. Thanks for joining us at Sunday Stamps!

stampwithamyk said...

So cute! Such a fun fall birthday card! Thanks for joining us at Sunday Stamps, hope to see you again soon!

Heather said...

So fun, Deborah - what a great take on our colors! Love the dotty background, and the sparkly details! That scallop shape is amazing, too! Thanks so much for playing at Sunday Stamps!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...