Friday 9 December 2022

SHC - Birthday Flowers

... Good morning!! It's been a while since I posted here - life got very busy and I simply ran out of time to make a card. However, I'm here today with my Seven Hills Craft post and I've made a birthday card:


Stamps: Altenew - Calming Cluster; C&9 - Yay for Birthdays; The Greetery - Sentiment Suite - Birthdays
Inks: Gina K - Soft Stone, Wild Dandelion, Dusty Rose; Versafine Clair - Nocturne
Dies: Altenew - Calming Cluster
Accessories: White Card; Concord & 9th - Confetti Dots Turnabout Stencil; Copic Markers; Gold Embossing Powder

I'm submitting this card to a couple of challenges - Happy Little Stampers Birthday Challenge - HLSBC#12 where it's Anything Goes, and AAA Birthday - AAAB#44 - where the theme is Embossing.


I used my MISTI to stamp the large flower cluster onto white card. I removed the piece and coloured the image with Copic markers. I returned the coloured imaged to the MISTI and stamped with Versamark ink and heat embossed with gold powder. I used the matching die to cut out the finished piece along with two white pieces. I layered these pieces together to give the flower image stability and dimension. On a  white note card measuring 4½" x 6¼" I used the Confetti Dots Turnabout stencil to add a subtle grey background. I adhered the flowers to the card and finished the front by stamping a simple vertical greeting in black ink. Inside the card, I cut a piece of white card slightly smaller than the base. On this panel I stamped a fun two-step greeting in pink and yellow, and finished by adding two smaller messages in black ink.


This card is for my friend Cheryl - she lives in Florida, so I'm sending it now. Postal strikes permitting, Cheryl should get the card on time!!

It's very cold here in North Wales - we've had our first frosts of winter, but yesterday was gorgeous with bright sunshine too! That's all from me today. See you soon.

signature photo Signature.png

4 comments:

Jane said...

Stunning card Deborah! Can't beat a gold embossed outline paired up with beautiful colouring to make a perfect card. Thanks for playing at AAA Birthday, hope to see you join in with future challenges too. Stay safe and keep crafting!

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

A fabulous card Deborah, love your colouring and design. We in the South of Wales have it cold too, Friday morning we woke to -6CC Brrrrr. Hope all is well.
Faith x

Julie B said...

I love how you always have a great center to your cards Deborah, this is no exception. Thanks for joining in at HLS Birthday. :)

The Dream Pages said...

Wow.. Such a vibrant colours and that gold shines through so effectively..
Thank you for joining in at AAA birthday challenge this month. Stay safe and stay crafty wish you join us next month too
Dt Swapna

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...