Friday 16 December 2022

SHC - Happy Birthday

.... Hello! It's time for my Seven Hills Craft blog post. Today I'm sharing a birthday card:


Stamps: Stamping Village - Happy Birthday Greetings; Avery Elle - Inside Birthday Greetings
Inks: Gina K - Sea Glass, Turquoise Sea, Tranquil Teal; Versafine Clair - Nocturne
Dies: Concord & 9th - Stitched Polka Dot Card Front, Simply You; Altenew - Just a Number
Accessories: SU Card - Bermuda Bay; White Card; Silver Textured Mirri Card; Imagine - Sheer Sheer Frost; Copic Markers; Nuvo - Clear Aquashimmer Brush

I'm submitting this card to Happy Little Stampers Anything Goes with Dies - HLSAGD#12, and to AAA Cards - AAA#230 where they have a mood board - I've picked the teal colour from the board.


I used dark teal card from my stash to make an A2 US size note card. I cut a piece of white card to 4¼" x 5½" and put the stitched polka dot die plate on it and ran it through my Big Shot. I then used a scallop edge die to cut out the centre of the panel. I inked on several shades of teal ink to emphasise the scallop edge and define the polka dot pattern. I adhered the panel to the front of the note card. I used a die to create the birthday greeting - the shadow from dark teal card and the words from silver textured mirri card. Prior to adding the words to the card, I spritzed the front with a clear shimmer spray. Inside the card, I cut a piece of white card slightly smaller than the note card. I inked the edges of the white panel to match the front of the card. I used my MISTI to stamp the balloon greeting, removed it and used Copic markers to colour the balloons. I replaced it in the MISTI and stamped again in dark black ink and added a smaller birthday greeting below it.


This card is for my niece Georgia, she's 22 years old tomorrow. Fortunately, I don't have to post it to her. Her parents are coming to our place tomorrow for an early Christmas celebration. It's been so cold here, but we've been lucky and had no snow. It might even snow for our celebration!! That's all from me today. See you soon.

signature photo Signature.png

2 comments:

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

I love the teal colour on this beautiful card, great insert too Deborah. A little milder with rain down here in the South! I hope you get the milder weather too.
Faith x

Tristan said...

Love the monochrome feel of your card Deb. Thanks for joining us at AAA CArds.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...