Thursday 17 September 2020

Cupcake Wishes ...

... Good morning! Yes, I know, I'm posting again today, but I have a very good reason. It's Kat's 19th birthday today and probably the last one she's going to be sharing with us at home. She's off to university on Saturday. But today, we get to wish Kat the happiest of days and give her a card, some presents (most of which are already packed in the car), and to share the day with her. This is the card we gave her:


Stamps: Stampotique - Glimmering Hope; Mama Elephant - Birthday Messages; Impression Obsession - Inner Witch
Inks: Memento - Tuxedo Black; Versafine - Onyx Black
Accessories: White Card; Copie Markers; Sakura Stardust Pens; Clear Embossing Powder

I'm submitting this card to a couple of challenges - Cupcake Inspirations Challenge - CIC#502, just love these colours, and to Seize the Birthday - STB#199 where I've gone for Anything Goes for a Birthday.


I know that many of you will think that this isn't really a birthday card. But Kat is a Goth Princess. She has always loved all things Halloween, spooky, dark and this card is perfect. It has cake, albeit a bit different to usual birthday cakes! I stamped the little cupcakes on white card, coloured the images with Copic markers, restamped them with Versafine ink and heat embossed with clear powder. I then very carefully cut them out and edged them all with black ink. I added sparkle to all the cake decorations with Sakura Stardust pens. I stamped the image of the girl/witch on white card, added some soft colour and then carefully cut her out. I adhered all the images directly onto a white cardbase. I finished the front by adding a simple, fun sentiment. On the inside, I kept it really simple with another birthday greeting and another little cupcake.


I took a close up photo of the cupcakes so that you can see the shimmer and sparkle on the cakes.


I can't believe how quickly the last 19 years have gone by. Kat has grown into a wonderful young woman. She's caring, passionate in her beliefs, confident, considerate, curious, inquisitive, respsonsible, a bit nerdy, loving, intelligent, generous and above all, she's her own person. I'm proud of this young women - but then I'm a bit biased 😊. That's all for today. See you again tomorrow.

signature photo Signature.png

4 comments:

Dawn Phillips said...

I love that, as a card maker, you can create such a perfect card for a particular person. I hope your goth princess enjoys her time at Uni and you don't miss her too much. Love Dawn x

*Vicki* said...

Oh my gosh I adore those cupcakes and the colors are just perfect!! What a great card for your little girl! I'm sure she'll be missed so much!! Thank you for sharing your creation with us over at the {Cupcake Inspirations} Challenge! HUGS, *Vicki* (DT)

Nancy said...

I know your daughter probably appreciated this card more than any other as she heads out on a new chapter of her life! I wish her well! Thanks for playing along at Seize the Birthday!

Sandy said...

Best wishes to your daughter. What an adorable card you made for her. Thank you for playing along with us at Cupcake Inspiration Challenges.
-Sandy, DT

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...