Friday 18 September 2020

Happy Birthday Kat ....

... Hello again. Today I'm sharing the birthday card that Kat got from her Nanna. Mum asked me to make something special for her and I was only too happy to oblige!


Stamps: Visible Image - faerie Magic, Zodiac Virgo; MFT - Anything But Basic Birthday Wishes, Bitty Birthday Wishes
Inks: Gina K - Soft Stone; Kaleidacolor - Pastel; Versafine - Onyx Black
Dies: Altenew - Featured Sentiments Die Set
Accessories: White Card; Kaisercraft DP - Chase Rainbows; Copic Markers; Watercolour Pencils; Nuvo - Clear Aquashimmer Brush; Clear Embossing Powder; Vellum



I started by stamping the fairy onto the card, masked her off and then stamped the background with a mixture of smaller images and added the fairy wings using the Kaleidacolor pad. I stamped the fairy again onto white card, coloured her with Copic markers, restamped with Versafine black ink and embossed her with clear powder. I then carefully cut her out. I stamped the wings again on vellum and added sparkle with a clear aquashimmer brush. I adhered the wings to the card, then added the coloured fairy image. I finished the front of the card with a simple birthday sentiment at the top stamped on white card and layered on a piece of vellum. On the inside, I cut a mat background from design paper and on the white panel added a greeting and the zodiac constellation of Virgo and a girl's head.


Today is Kat's last full day at home. It's been a week full of 'last' events and it's been a week of excitement and tension. Kat packed all her goods for university earlier in the week, packed up the car yesterday, and had her birthday party with friends - all socially distanced in the garden - in the evening. Today, we're taking Kat out to dinner in Mold. It'll be fun. Tomorrow, Kat heads off to Nottingham with her Dad. Sadly, owing to Covid-19 restrictions, only one parent can accompany the freshers to their rooms and help them settle in - and they only have a short time slot too.

That's all for now - see you again soon.

signature photo Signature.png

1 comment:

Darnell said...

I'll bet Kat loved this card you made from your Mum, Deborah! It looks like an awesome modern day female fairy! I love the colorful bubbles! I wish all the best to Kat as she heads off! Too bad Covid is limiting what is traditionally a milestone for both the kids and ALL the parents. But we must be vigilant and thank you for that! I hope the uni experience isn't interrupted by a rise in numbers as in happening in the States. Thank you so much for sharing with everyone at NBUS! Keep well! Hugs, Darnell

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...