The challenge is back again this year, but there are a few changes - the main one is that there will be a different host each month. Anya Schrier is our host for January. Not only has she provided a sketch for us to play with this month, but she has designed the new WMSCCC logo - don't you love the plaid background?
In order to make enough cards for December - I plan to make at least three cards (same design) for each challenge and as soon as I saw Anya's sketch I knew which set of dies I'd be using!!! Here are my cards:
Stamps: Waltzingmouse - Yonder Star Background, Nutcracker Sweet, Woodgrain, Compliments of the Season II
Inks: Stampin' Up! - Island Indigo, Melon Mambo; Memento - Tuxedo Black, London Fog
Dies: Spellbinders - Reverse Wonky Rectangles (S4-307) #5; Opera Tags (WMS-DT-1)
Accessories: SU Card - Island Indigo; SU Ribbon - Melon Mambo; Promarkers - Marine, Magenta, Ice Grey 1 - 5, Satin, Blush; Cuttlebug EF - Christmas Stars, Snowflakes, Ice Crystals; White Lustre card and organza ribbon from stash
I've combined the Christmas card challenge with this week's colour challenge at Dynamic Duos - DD34 where they have the bold and sassy combination of Melon Mambo and Island Indigo. I started by stamping the sweet Nutcracker Prince onto white card and colouring him with Promarkers - using Magenta (Melon Mambo) and Marine (Island Indigo) and shades of grey, and then fussy cutting him out! I made the background panels by stamping Yonder Star background on the bottom of each panel in London Fog and then embossed the top of the panel - each with a different folder. I completed the panel with some Melon Mambo grosgrain ribbon and adhered to the card with dimensional tape. Here are photos of the individual cards - on which you can see the different embossed tops!
I finished off the cards by decorating the inside. I kept it really simple with a Melon Mambo mat and white panel onto which I stamped a simple greeting.
That's all for now - I know we've just finished Christmas, but I am so pleased that I've made a start on this year's collection. You should have seen me last year - rushing like mad to make enough cards to send out. That's so not happening to me this year!!!
So you want to get a head start on this year's cards - here are the general guidelines about the challenge
"Here are a few basic guidelines for the monthly Waltzingmouse Stamps Christmas Card Challenge:
• A new challenge will be issued on the 10th of each month in the Playroom Forum.
• Each card must contain some Waltzingmouse Stamps’ images but need not be exclusively WMS images.
• Once you have created your project, upload it to the 2013 WMSCCC gallery - and if you have a blog, we would love for you to post it there too!
• Feel free to grab the WMS Christmas Card Logo for your blog sidebar and/or your blog post if you are so inclined.
• You may make as many projects as you like for each challenge. We encourage you to make batches of cards since our end goal is to have enough hand-made Christmas cards for each person on our “list”.
• You may play along when and if you want – make it suit your schedule. For example, challenge cards for January may be uploaded anytime in January or in June or even September...whenever you have them completed. There is no monthly deadline."
You can click here to read Lynn's post. Looking forward to seeing your cards.